Chapter 29

"Does it work?" He asked, burly arms crossed over his chest, while I glanced from my little teardrop vials to him in disdain. Does it work? Does it work?

             "Why don't you tell me?" I offered one to him while he stared at the small glass thing in my hand. His gaze slowly met mine while he made no move to take it, knowing I was seriously offering him as a test subject. Wouldn't be the first time.

            "You said you found a way to decrease risk?" He ignored my offer while I hummed with narrowed eyes, my hand remaining out for an extra moment before I smiled and brought it back with the rest.

          "Indeed I did! Results are far more stable when directly injected into the bloodstream rather than consumed in the traditional way," I admitted, digging in my bag for the needle. Pulling out the two inched sharp things I wanted to very much put in his eye I put my other hand under it to bring any additional attention to it.

           "Impractically," He deadpanned at the comically large syringe while I hummed, understanding, and looked at the difficult-to-craft syringe.

          "Well if you don't mind the risk of losing your core, you can drink it like any other potion." He stared at me for a long moment while my smile remained, the potion very efficient, for me. Until finally, I sighed and pulled out a different vial of the same potion. "I have a prototype vial to allow easy carry and swift administration," I said dryly, more bitter about it than he was glad.

            "Explain it to me," He happily ordered, shifting closer to look at the vial but unlike a different annoying bastard, he did not try to grab it. Having learned better the last time. 

             "Well, at the moment I can just manually create a needle and inject it however I want to be able to make a contraption capable of fast injection so as not to be reliant on glass mages," I hummed, the slightest bit of attention had the vial shoot out a needle, the small amount of liquid dripping from it with minimal hesitation.

           "So one problem has been solved while another arose?" He asked studying it while I gave a nod. "Your other potion?"

          "Still theoretical," I shook my head, having had no real success with it. Replenishing mana was a relatively simple concept if properly thought about, simply drawing in external mana and converting it to something usable. Amplifying mana was proving to be more dangerous than anything else. To exceed the overall output in your core was to shatter it and well, let's say I did not want to do that.

          "How long do you think this will take to complete?" Pausing, I looked back to him from the one in my grasp, my brow twitching as I was not overly familiar with gadgets or gizmos. I made potions. I only made potions.

            "If I had the proper equipment and workspace then maybe a month? I can't keep using the third-year potion lab, moving around their schedules is too time-consuming," I sighed, not being allowed to 'make a scene in the lab' has made it near impossible to properly experiment when an elite is looking for me every other minute of the day. Now, with my own personal watchdog, it was even more impossible.

          "... You have yet to do anything with your assigned space have you?" He asked, glancing away from the potion while I opened my mouth before closing it. That's true, the sign I was going to put up mysteriously went up in flames. "Just build a lab,"

           My brow twitched at the insinuation. Just. As if it was some easy task. As if I was not currently being treated like a prisoner awaiting trial. "The longer I have to talk to you the more I find only one of us should be breathing," The words, utterly honest words, had fallen from my mouth naturally. His gaze moved back to me, a slow rise to his brow before I sighed and straightened my back, my hand slamming to my chest with a salute.

           "Five full rounds and thirty minutes of unrestricted training with Averin," He hummed, carefully picking up one of the potions and holding it to the light.

          "Sir, yes sir!" I shouted staring off into nothingness before groaning and beginning my way out. "You should have just taken credit for the dragon," I sighed not bothering to look at my keeper as he followed after me with an amused grin on his face and his hands behind his head. Having been forced to wait outside for being rude.

           "That had nothing to do with the dragon~"