Chapter 38

Shocking absolutely no one she did the completely expected thing and tattled on me. Staring at her, her hair wet and outfit proper, I didn't waver as I held her hesitant gaze. He knows about her little hobby, I guess it makes sense there wouldn't be a way for her to cut into me without his permission.

            "Lilith," He tried to get my attention but I stood my ground, "Lilith Windsor," He tried again, harsher, slowly, oh so slowly I slid my gaze to meet his glare. "A dragon?" The question was hardly one at all but the exasperation in his eyes gave him away.

         "Well, with the growingly popular shows they've been putting on I figured learning to deal with them would catch less attention than killing them," I smiled pleasantly, my eyes slanted as I didn't even try to hide how little I thought of him.

         "You were mistaken in your thoughts," He cut through, his voice stonier than his eyes, "Kill it before anyone else learns of this." Kill it. The dragon. He wants me to kill the dragon. I just got it and he wants me to kill it.

        "Unfortunately~" I purred, stretching my hands onto his desk and leaning into them, "Vitreus has grown attached, and we both know how restless he's been," The excuse one we both knew to be just that. An excuse. It was mine now and I wasn't going to just let it die.

         "Do not bring your beast into-" He was quick to snap but whatever nonsense he was going to spew wasn't nearly interesting enough.

          "You're the one who has been complaining about his playing, now there isn't anything to worry about, he has a new plaything that won't break as easily as your stupid forest." His hand slammed into his desk, the crack it left drawing between my hands as I didn't dare look away from his murderous gaze.

          "... You seem to be forgetting yourself, yet again." My smile sharpened as I let out a hum, neither agreeing nor disagreeing. "We will be continuing this conversation outside," He pushed his chair back as Miss H paled at the words, watching him walk around me and towards the door I didn't move.

         Not until he paused at the door and looked back at me. "That was an order," With a tap of the foot I spun around and began to follow him. Outside... I suppose direct disciplinary action? I'll be sore for quite a while then.

          Glancing at those we passed, those desperate to get out of his way as the very ground shook with each step. Many of feet followed from a safe distance as I fixed my eyes on his back. Public humiliation? Wouldn't put it past him. The door to the practical fields opened itself at his enraged approach, shaking despite him not being a combo mage. I guess an elite was an elite for a reason.

             Stopping he tore off his robe, his fitted shirt straining as his neck bulged, face getting redder the long the silence drew. Glancing at the class not too far off, now paying attention to us, I looked to the audience that had followed us out. "As master of the council of mages and your mentor, I will now be exercising my right to direct disciplinary action," He said, slamming his fist into his palm, his face contorted into a barely controlled fury a thought crossed my mind.

          Oh, I might really die today.

        My heart raced as I stood still, legs tense, and the hair on the back of my neck standing tall. Licking my lips I clenched my jaw and pulled the smile anyway, balling my fists I played his game. If he wanted officially recognized acceptance then fine. "This apprentice will participate," His murderous gaze went icy at the words. If he wanted to beat me into the ground so be it, but I wasn't going to roll over.