Chapter 36

Let's just say this dragon was unfriendly, more so than my Vitreus. I watched as I sat against a tree, my left leg up and arm resting on the knee, as she shook like a leaf while trying to grind from herbs. White as a ghost. The beast lunging and growling, clawing at the chain around its neck that was very very hard to put on.

          "How do you, um, how do you plan to put this on?" She asked, jumping as its tail roughly slammed into the ground, smashing a thick tree's root into nothing, before pacing with a rumbling chest that gleamed with its rage.

            "Well, you made extra, right?" I asked, staring at the sky as it peaked through the leaves. Her silence left me to look back at her, her gaze full of dread and uncertainty.

          "Please tell me you did not bring me here to care for you." A grin grew on my lips at how fast she was getting to know me. With a roll, I bounced to my feet.

           "My mother told me that lying is wrong," I tapped her nose as her eyes widened, but before she could say anything, I had taken the large bowl from her hands and had begun bouncing my way to the very irritated dragon. Said beast baring its teeth and stilling as I neared.

        My steps were slow and careful as I opened my arms in a peaceful manner, a hesitant smile on my face. The hearty shrill of an entertain mongrel not far off in a tree simply watching gaining its attention for a second before it looked back at me. A little more hesitantly. Pausing, about two meters from it, I glanced at Vitreus before the red dragon. "Oh?" I asked as my smile grew, a mismatch gaze and caring choo ringing in the back of my head.

          With a step back I relaxed, adjusting the bowl under my arm and offering my other hand forward. "Lilith?" An uncertain and fearful voice called at my demeanor change. "Lilith?!" She screeched as the dragon took a step forward, jaws opening and pupils turned to slits.

        Lunging, jaws agape I let the coo fall from my lips, the pounding of its wings against the ground stilling just before those teeth sunk into me. Opening my eyes I peeked out to find that slit of a pupil full and round. Carefully, gently, I tried again, the still dragon's gaze locking onto me as it jolted back. With an alert and cautious sniff, a hesitant shrill thundered in its throat. My body practically vibrated as an annoyed grumble came from a tree.

        Reaching my outstretched hand out further I cooed again, my throat rumbling at the call that was practically a pur, with a step forward. A soft growl turned sour as it shot forward again, my body stilling as I fell back. Vitreus leaped from his tree and locked onto the chained beast, the two quickly biting and growling as I shook from the ground, a laugh finding my chest as my hands pressed into the dirt.

         "Lilith!" She practically dragged me to my feet and away from the now-fighting dragons. "What were you thinking?!" She screamed, her fingers digging into my shoulders as I couldn't help but watch the quickly-ended spit. Vitreus now standing between us with his teeth bared and throat glowing.

          "I thought it would work," was the only defense I could summon as I met her gaze.

         "You thought it would work? If it was that easy do you think dragons would be a catastrophy classed beast?!" She all but shrieked. Staring at her exasperated face for a long second, my gaze moved to her hand, still clutching at my shoulder, and just a quickly, notched the both of them off.

        "It would have been nice, but, well, there's always a plan B," I shrugged, stepping away from her as she opened her mouth to yell some more, her hand trying to grab me again. With a thin and simple wall of glass forming between us, I got the extra seconds I needed to get to the bowl of herbs half dumped out. "Vitreus!" I snapped, an annoyed huff leaving him as he leaped at the dragon once more.

         Scooping what I could of the paste from the ground while they roughly rolled around again, I watched as the smaller wyvern was forced to the ground, fangs attached to its throat. "Now then," I hopped over, her silence only from the box I had put her in. Too bad she trusted me enough to just drink whatever I made for her.

         With a heavy clawed foot pressing the wing down I carefully walked over and began to smear the paste over the healing wound. A tug of the appendage and low growl was quickly shut down by the louder growl of Vitreus.

          Unfortunately for the beast, I was going to help it whether or not it wanted and it had simply chosen the hard way.