Chapter 2

"You-" Alex cut himself off with a very long sigh as Ari looked between Alex and Adrian, speaking of, Adrian was nodding in understanding. "How did you even do this?" He asked exasperated and with a smile, I handed him the black book that had my name written on the cover. Opening his mouth he closed it and took the book, flipping through it he looked up at me flatly, "It's already in here"

          "Yep!" I chirped.

         "You didn't answer it," he added a little more annoyed than tired now.

          "Also Yep," I nodded happily. "I'm not supposed to say anything! It's an open secret that I'm their apprentice now. I don't have to hide it but I'm not supposed to broadcast it either! They haven't formally announced that they took an apprentice yet so keep it a secret, yeah?"

          "And being a Perfect?"

          "Can't exactly hide that!" I kicked my legs, seated at my desk chair, Adrian having gathered them in my room.

          "You're in such a good mood too, why?" He asked shaking his sideways head in exhausted disbelief. A grin pulling at my lips at that question. I could answer that one. I wanted to answer that one.

          "I'm a part-time student now!" I bragged flicking my wrist to show them my brand-new schedule.

           "What- eight to one?!" "That's only five days!" "Your classes are only thirty minutes!"

            "Yepper pepper!" I grinned, "Nine classes a day five days a week at thirty minutes a class! I even get to eat without worrying about getting trampled by the older years!" I nodded rapidly, "My classes don't change by the day and I am able to skip as needed!"

           "What god did you make deal with and do I have to worry about you suddenly not existing?" Alex asked me completely seriously while Ari stared in awe, Adrian just silently stared at the ceiling with a glare, almost looking like he was cursing the gods.

            "No god! Just a prick!" I hummed just before a very loud knock came at my door, the footsteps ones I heard. "Come on in!" I grinned, said prick glaring at me.

          "I told you it was not yet to be told," he ground, gaining the gently bowed heads of three of the four students in the room. As always, I did not do it.

          "You said nothing about my schedule, I don't know what you're talking about," I smiled innocently, my legs still happily kicking. We stared at one another for a long moment, the air crackling at the tension, before he rolled his eyes with a grunt. Getting more and more used to losing.

          "Your new room has been set up, come, before the other students become aware of who is to be staying in the same building as them,"  He waved, turning without caring if I had anything packed.

          "If they're jerks I can take care of it, right? I don't have to run to the teachers that couldn't care less about whether we're alive or not, right?" I asked hopping to my feet and following after him with nothing packed. I could bring it later.

          "... Interpersonal issues within the Perfect's dorm are to be dealt with by the students, we trust that they will be semi-respectful to you," I glanced at him at that one. Semi-respectful? What did you tell them a cocky little brat was going to move in and that they were free to bite my head off?

            "Semi-respectful?" I asked aloud earning a long glance before a long silence. Okay then.

            "... We have not informed the other students of your arrival, we will be introducing you to them after you have settled into the dorm today,"

           "At the risk that they will, what? Destroy the room before I even have the chance to see my door?" I asked, the undertone a rather large one.

           "Lilith, you are the first fifteen-year-old to ever wear a black uniform, you do not even know what one does to become a Perfect, you saw a fancy title-"

        "It is not fancy,"

        "-And decided you wanted it, you were being childish and those that have worked for it will not appreciate some brat abusing their power to get what they worked hard for handed to some spoiled child-"

        "I am not spoiled,"

        "- It is not our place as elites to meddle with how these students choose to treat you-"

       "I mean, it kinda is,"

        "-because even if we were to meddle, you continue to show that you could not careless and lack basic manners," Opening my mouth again I closed it and nodded to myself, that making sense. I did force them into this agreement so more than a few were bitter about it and this was the perfect opportunity to throw me to the wolves.

           "Am I still allowed to have my dragon in my dorm room?" I asked with a curious hum, definitely going to need him if I was to show the wolves that it was them that crawled into the dragon's den.

           "Magic is allowed within your dorm, yes," He didn't even care. I'm sure he had guessed what I would do, I'm positive, I mean when annoyed by an elite attacking me I snapped his elbow without any hesitation, he has got to know that if they pick a fight I was going to show them what it was like to wish you had never been born. "Your first field trip will be in a few moons and your next trip will be going with three other Perfects, they will be going into their war term in a few months, it will be to help ready them, you, however, will be going to become more accustom to war as you will be going as we need with us,"

        "Excuse me?" I stumbled, the words not ones I expected.

       "You're a Perfect, they have flexible schedules, the four of you have been picked for this particular assignment for your abilities, you are not to engage directly, yes? You are simply to assist from the backlines, soldiers and mercenaries will both be present, you will be listening to the soldiers, do not anger the mercenaries, if you do, your safety will be your own responsibility," He continued as we walked. Ignoring the first one like it was nothing.

         "I- What? Where is this even coming from?!" I snapped, getting a smug glance.

         "You wished to be an apprentice. You'll have to prove to everyone that you're capable of it,"