Chapter 31

Took me longer than I thought.

             "A dragon, huh?" He asked, finally breaking the silence while I hummed still staring at the sky. I didn't know what to say or where to start, but I was tired above all else. It was not easy dealing with Averin. "You're getting further and further away from us," He said softly, making me look at him. He sat next to me with his knees up and arms rested on them, fiddling loosely with his fingers, a small smile on his face.

          "Don't do that, do not do that," I scowled, the words burning my mind, as I pushed myself to my feet, he didn't say anything as I practically stomped my way over to my bag. Ripping it open I dug through it before pulling the stupid black book out. The book Alex had given me with a sigh. A book I threw at Adrian. "I answered your guys' questions, I gave you the opportunity to know, I waited. But no one came to get it. Not one of you," I glared down at him while he held it, his fingers tracing my name.

         "... I'm sure you understand, we stopped being mad at you a long while ago," He said just as softly, his voice almost pleading as he looked up at me.

         "Understand? How would I understand? No one told me! No one even told me why you were mad! Of course, I'm not going to share everything! We all have things we don't talk about! Yet you all got mad at me as if I was the only one! I kept trying to talk it out! Over and over and over again, but none of you would listen," My voice grew smaller, the repetitive memories of going to their rooms, begging them to see me, to talk to me, "I thought you were done with me,"

          "Lilith-" Stopping himself, he sighed, his head hanging with it, before he set the book on the ground and got to his feet. Opening his arms he gave me a motion over while I just glared at him, so he did it again, "Come here, come on." He continued until I sniffled, stepping into his arms, which had been quick to wrap around me.

          "We aren't so petty that we'd never talk to you again over some fight," He hummed rubbing my back, with no tears falling I burrowed into his chest, clutching his shirt. "I won't be leaving ever, you'd have to kill me before you could get rid of me," He tried to joke while I grumbled, earning a laugh.

           "... I'm a ward to the dukedom of Erest," I said honestly, his arms freezing before he was shoving me away from his chest to examine my face.

         "You- for the love of the gods, Lilith what did you do?" He asked bewildered that I had been detained.

           "The dragon," I sighed, "They're trying to figure out what to do with me, I guess I don't listen well or something,"

         "You're not wrong but they're all asses!" He grunted, pulling me back to his chest, rocking with the hug. "You should report that flame bastard," He grumbled while I hummed.

        "It was direct discipline,"

        "It was not! He was hitting you to hit you,"

         "Edward told him too,"

         "Ugh, fucking fine print, huh?"

         "It's not that bad,"

          "Oh, shut up, you said the same thing when Alex dislocated your jaw,"

         "That was an accident,"

          "But it still hurt," He rolled his eyes, pulling away to sit back down, hand gently holding my own, silently inviting me to sit down with him. Taking it I leaned into his chest while he just wrapped his arms around me again, resting his head on my shoulder. "You know, Ari's a mess right now, she feels bad about the hallway,"

          "It couldn't be helped, being seen with me alone puts a target on your back," I hummed, fiddling with his fingers as he watched.

            "... So it is ongoing?"

            "Well..." I dragged thinking about the last incident and a rather harsh punishment that followed, "Not really, not anymore, just some small stuff,"

          "Vitreus?"

         "Latro, Vitreus is on watch, he's gotten too big to be allowed leniency,"

         "He do something?"

         "Tried to kill Edward." He choked on nothing at that while I smiled not bothering to look at him.

            "He what?"

           "While, after I killed that dragon, Edward got mad and got a bit too carried away with direct disciple, he didn't like that too much but I was passed out. So, well, Edward was stuck dealing with him until I was woken up again,"

            "Ahhh," He drew apathetically, "I can't say what I want to say,"

          "Treason?" I asked with a smile as I felt him nod. "Understandable, but Vitreus had done it with an audience, so he's under lockdown too,"

            "Room?"

            "Yeah, they tried separating us but it didn't really work out,"

           "Well duh, the window's a dragon, he doesn't like people,"

            "You see, when I said that, he was suddenly a security risk,"

            "Which made you one?"

            "I've been a security risk for a while, it just left my disobedience more problematic,"

            "Wowwww,"

            "Yeah,"