Chapter 3

Oh my... The room was so much larger than the tiny dusk closet I had been in before. The wallpaper wasn't peeling, there were no cobwebs in the corner, and the small bed wasn't broken. It was, in fact, very huge and very unbroken. Without any regard as to what he was saying I squealed and ran straight for the bed. Flying at it I moaned at just how soft it was. This is it. I could die happy.

         "... What in the world is wrong with you?" He asked, and for the first time since knowing him, did he honestly asking me a question.

         "Oh, I'm sorry, I've only had a tiny bed frame with no mattress and a thin scratchy blanket for the last six months. My feet don't even fit on that bed! Do you know how hard it is to find a bed too small for me? You had to have picked a child-sized bed," I glared looking up from the thick and soft covers I had been burying myself into.

        "It is a bed," he stated clearly not understanding at all. Scoffing at the utter indifference I just nuzzled into it further. "... As I was saying, your rank within the school has increased, you have gained the privileges of a Perfect, you will be given a training area that you will be able to do as you wish to," He sighed, getting used to me sooner than I thought he would.

         "Anything?"I asked, peeking out from the covers I had rolled myself into.

         "As long as it is within the space you are given, yes." Oooooo. That sounds interesting. What can I do that will make him regret saying that? Put up a billboard of his face and offer anyone that could shoot it a silver coin? That would be within 'anything'. "Now, we will be informing the Perfects of your arrival after dinner, so, before they finish their classes, I would suggest you move your belongings," he warned, a key dropping from his palm in fron of me, staring at the hanging metal I slowly took it.

          This was mine. I had gotten it. I had worked to get it. No matter what he said I earned it.

            Grinning I looked back to him ready to offer him a genuine thank you only to be met with him already closing my door behind himself. My face falling flat as I stared at it for a moment before rolling onto my back on the broad and big bed, holding the pretty key to the light the large windows let in. This was it. This was where everything would change, a change for the better.

              Staring at my room, my stuff thrashed, pillow feathers everywhere, and my locked trunk still that I looked to those still trashing the once beautiful room. They haven't really touched anything I cared to deeply about yet so I haven't moved from the doorway, curious just how long it would be until they finally noticed me. Watching one swing what had been the leg to my desk into my locked trunk, trying to open it and I imagine destroy what was inside, I couldn't help but tilt my head and narrow my eyes.

           This didn't really serve a purpose. They were just being assholes. Too bad to. They were being immature assholes. Such meaningless things weren't going to bother me, let alone get under my skin. I've had people yell in my face about just how worthless I was here, they didn't stop when I cried either. That was not a fun day. Today? Today was pretty fun. Watching people two to four years older than myself destroy school property clearly trying to intimitate me was interesting.

         The people behind me? The elites? The coucil I am an apprentice to? While, most just sighed at the sight. I got one laugh, a roll of the eyes, and a blank stare to match those sighs. With a pleased smile, I looked over my shoulder, the five gazes having moved to me after a minute of my staring.

          "Nows as good a time as any, let's introduce the new Perfect," I chirped stepping forward with a straight spine and head held high. "If you could pause for all but a moment! An announcement is to be made!" I cupped my mouth and raised my voice, many heads whipping to look at where my voice had come from. Amusment setting in when the sneers turned to stilling, those behind me holding a presence I myself didn't have.

         "Now then, Edward?" I hummed looking at him, he, however, did not say anything, so I moved on without hesitation. "Aervin? Yastum? Or, maybe, Saris?" I offered, not hesitating to use their names, a mix of irritation rolling off them. Yastum, the lovely water elite, rubbed her temple and closed her eyes with a long sigh. Aervin, horrible bastard that he is, scoffed and glared at me with his arms crossed over his chest. Saris, the light elite I didn't really have an opinion on, put his hands on his hips and stared at the ceiling, like the gods would bother to listen to him.

          "... We've decided that this student here, Lilith Windsor, will be promoted to that of a Perfect, having proven herself capable even as a first year. We hope you'll treat her well," Saris actually was the one to speak for the still silent elites. Looking to the group of six wearing the same black uniform as me I waved with a smile.

           All blazen broke loose seconds later. Everyone having a complaint of some kind.