Chapter 8

Joohyun's POV
"Where's unnie, mom?" I heard my sister's voice from the outside. I think my mom is watering her flowers.

"She's inside, darling." My mom answered.

"Okay, thank you!" My sister said and entered the house. "Unnieeee!" She excitedly called me.

"What's the matter, Suzy?" I asked her while scrolling through my social media on my phone.

It's Wednesday, and I go home early because our professor has an urgent meeting.

"I break up with my boyfriend now." She said happily.

"What?! Why?!" I looked at her and acted like I was surprised by the news.

She grimaced. "Unnie, you're not good at acting," She sat beside me and faced me. "I'm getting bored with him. That's why I broke up with him."

I laughed. "There's nothing new about it, sister."

"Whatever, unnie." She said. "I heard there are two transferring students at our school. And take note, 'two handsome men.'" She quoted with her two fingers.

I raised my eyebrow, "You just heard it by now?" I asked her because it's been a while now.

She shook her head. "No, I heard it on my first day of school, but I didn't believe it until I saw them."

"And?" I said as a sign to continue what she wanted to convey.

"And it's true. I also plan to date one of them. Seulgi oppa to be exact." She laughed.

I looked at her. "What?! And Seulgi oppa?!" I asked with my eyes widened.

She nodded, "Yes, Seulgi oppa because he's older than me. Did you see him now? He's handsome, right?"

I rolled my eyes and went back to scrolling through my phone. Argh, she's just like Sooyoung. What the hell does that Seulgi have to swoon by so many girls?!

"No, I didn't see him, and I don't want to see him," I said irritatedly.

"Why? You don't want to see your brother-in-law?" My sister joked.

"Argh, shut up, Suzy!" I said, and she laughed. She's insane!

Seulgi's POV
I'm in the cafeteria now with Moonbyul while waiting for our next class.

"How's your wrist, dude?" He asked me.

"I think I can play basketball now. It's not even aching." I answered.

"Tell that to auntie then." He laughed.

I groaned, "Mom is really something. I really wanted to watch, but I also wanted to live." I pouted.

"Agree. Your mom will kill you if you disobey her." He chuckled.

I grimaced, "I will just wait for two days, and I hope the doctor allows me to play again."

"I hope so too, dude. And I want to inform you that you already have fans even if you're not playing yet. If they will only know how you play." He commented while shaking his head.

"Hey, you're so mean!" I punched his arm lightly.

He laughed, "I'm just kidding, dude."

After a few seconds, there are two girls approached our table. We looked at them and saw one familiar face.

She stretches her right hand that holds an energy drink. "I just want to give this as a token of gratitude for what you did for me before." She shyly said.

I stand up and take the energy drink even though I don't want to accept it. I don't want to embarrass her in front of other people.

"Oh, you don't need to do this, but thank you." I smiled at her.

She shook her head. "No, I owe you big time. It is nothing compared to what you did for me. And sorry about what happened to your wrist." She said and looked down. She looks guilty for what happened to me.

I shook my head. "No, you don't need to say sorry to me. It's a guy's fault, not you."

"Still, if you didn't help me then---" I cut her off.

"Then there might be something bad that happened to you that night." I smiled at her. "It's okay, besides my wrist is recovering now."

She looked at me this time. "Then, if you don't mind, as a payback to what you did, if there's anything you need or want, just tell me. I will do it for you." She smiled back at me.

"Woah, then, watch our practice when Seulgi is okay to have someone cheer for him," Moonbyul interjected.

"Okay, we're going to watch then." She answered Moonbyul.

"Oh, no need to do that. It might be a bother to both of you. He was only kidding." I said.

"No, we insist! Besides, we want to watch the two of you playing basketball." Tzuyu's friend also butts in. "By the way, I'm YooA." She smiled at us.

"Hi, I'm Moonbyul, and this is Seulgi." Moonbyul smiled too.

She laughed softly, "Of course, we already know you. You're both famous." She said. Moonbyul and I looked at each other with confused faces.

"Famous? That's not true. Anyway, if you really wanted to watch, it's our pleasure to know that." Moonbyul said.

"And we're going to buy you both energy drinks, better you like it or not," YooA said. I was going to refuse, but Tzuyu seconded her friend.

"Please allow us to do it to ease the guiltiness that I'm feeling."

I sighed in defeat. "Okay, I don't think I have a choice either."

YooA giggles, "Really? Okay then!" She said happily, and Tzuyu happily smiled at us.

"Girls, we need to go now because we still have a class," Moonbyul said goodbye, and we bowed to them before we left.

"We're going to have free drinks every practice," Moonbyul says with excitement after we go out to the cafeteria.

I sighed, "But I don't want them to do it. And why do you also have free drinks? You did nothing as I remembered." I glanced at him while walking.

"Because I'm handsome." He arrogantly said.

"What a boastful person you are," I commented.

"And you're a hypocrite. You pretend you don't want it even though the truth is you might take mine too." He chuckled, and I just grimaced. "I remembered. Our coach said that we only have practice every Friday for now."

"Why?"

"Because he has some errands to finish. But after that, we might have a practice every weekday."

"What time is our practice?"

"5 pm and the coach said that whoever will be late to the practice will be punished."

"Okay. I just hope that I can play next week." I sighed.

A/N: These two chapters are my Christmas gift to those who continue to read this story until this chapter, especially to yaaaawnzzzn, who keeps voting. I really appreciate it, and it makes me happy though I think every chapter doesn't deserve the vote. That's why I didn't ask you guys to do it hahaha. Anyway, thank you to all the readers, including the silent readers. I hope that you keep reading this story until the end. Advance Merry Christmas!/ Merry Christmas!/ Belated Merry Christmas! Depend on which country you are in right now. And for those who don't have a Christmas, still have a happy day ahead!