Chapter 22

Seulgi's POV
"What will I do?" I asked myself.

I'm here at the gym alone. Moonbyul is with Yongsun now in the cafeteria. He invited me to join them, but I didn't want to be a third-wheeler.

I just sat on the bench while waiting for my friends. I am thinking of how to make a move to Joohyun. I feel like she's near but hard to reach. How could she do that to me? Why am I already head over heels for her?

"How could you do that to me, Joohyun?"

"Do what?" A voice suddenly butts into my conversation with myself.

I looked to my side to find out who that person was, and my eyes widened. I immediately stood up and looked at the person with a shocked face.

"Uhmm..." I cleared my throat. "Can I ask you a question?"

Joohyun raised her eyebrow. Yeah, she was the one who entered the gym alone. "You are already asking." She's right, Seulgi. You are already asking.

I sighed and scratched my back head. "How... How do you make my heart beat faster every time I see you or even think about you?"

This time, she was the one who looked shocked. "What?!" She asked me with wide eyes.

"Joohyun, can I date you?" I asked her sincerely.

"Are you out of your mind?!" Her eyebrows almost meet while asking that.

I chuckled and stepped closer to her. "It's because of you. How did you do that?"

"Can you stop what you are doing now, Seulgi?"

"I'm serious. I want to date you," I said with a serious face.

She looked at me blankly. "I never date the same person twice."

I frowned, "So?"

"Can you stop pretending, Seulgi?" She looked irritated now.

"I'm not pretending. I don't understand what you're saying." I said with a confused face.

She sighed in disbelief. "So, you're telling me now that you don't have an ex-girlfriend yet?"

"Ex-girlfriend? Who?"

"Argh, me!" She pointed at herself.

"Y-you're... You're my what?" I asked in disbelief.

"What the heck! I'm your ex-girlfriend, Seulgi! We broke up because you cheated on me!"

"I did that?! Why?!" I'm so confused now.

"I don't know! Ask yourself, not me!" She looks annoyed now, but I can see the pain in her eyes.

I sighed, "Honestly, I don't really know what you're saying. But if I really cheated on you, even though I don't believe it. Because how could I cheat on such a gorgeous woman like you?" She just rolled her eyes. "If it's the case. Can you give me a second chance? I will make it up to you."

She raised her eyebrow, "And how can you do that if you said YOU DON'T KNOW what I'm talking about, huh?" She emphasized some words.

"It's for me to know and for you to find out." I winked at her.

She was about to speak when we noticed a group of people entering the gym. We looked at the entrance and saw her friends with Moonbyul. They walked towards us.

"Oh my! I thought you were annoyed with us, Joohyun, that's why you left us earlier, but you didn't say that you just wanted to have alone time with Seulgi oppa." Sooyoung teased her.

"Yah! You've been teasing me for a while, huh? Do you have a death wish?" Joohyun threatened Sooyoung, and they just laughed at her. Oh, that's why she came here alone earlier. My poor Joohyun.

"Hi, Seulgi! Thank you for taking me home last Friday. Please don't share with anyone what I told you last Friday." Yerim said and laughed.

I chuckled, "You're welcome. And which one can't I share? The former or the latter one?"

"What are you two talking about? Care to share it with us?" Sooyoung looked intrigued.

"It's a secret between me and Seulgi, Sooyoung." Yerim stuck her tongue out to her. She looked at me after and smiled. "The former, of course. Nobody will believe the latter one." She grimaced.

"But I believed that." I smiled at her.

She looked shocked. "Really?!" She smiled happily. "I like you now! Even my mother likes you. I even think she has a crush on you. She kept asking me about you this weekend. My dad was jealous because of that, but my mom didn't care." She laughed and also the others except one. Of course, it's Joohyun.

Seungwan cleared his throat. "Take it easy, Yerim-ah. You might get killed later." They all laughed again, except me and Joohyun. But, at least I smiled compared to her, who looked irritated.

"Let's sit now, guys. We will be standing for an hour later," Moonbyul said, and we all sat on the bench.

After a while, the other members arrived at the gym. Seungwan, Moonbyul, Jisoo, Lisa, and me, stood up and gave each other a man hug. After that, Amber approached Joohyun.

"Hi, Joohyun! Did you miss me? Are you here to see me?" Amber greeted her.

"In y---" Joohyun couldn't finish what she was going to answer.

"Don't you dare hit on her anymore, bro, or else I won't let you even touch the ball this time," I said with a serious face.

I heard the others whistle, gasp, and squeal. Amber looked at me with a shocked face because of what I said, and Joohyun just rolled her eyes.

"A-are you two dating now?" Amber stuttered.

"Of course not!" Joohyun immediately answered and glared at me.

"Not yet." I looked at Joohyun and winked.

Amber raised his hands, "Okay. I'll stop now, bro. I want to experience handling the ball, somehow." He laughed.

I chuckled, "Good, then."

"Tsk tsk tsk. Very possessive." Jisoo commented.

Sooyoung squealed, "Oh my! My heart is so happy right now."

"That's my dude!" Moonbyul said and gave me a high five.

I don't know where I got my courage when I talked to Joohyun earlier and about what I said to Amber. Even I was surprised by myself.