Chapter 17

Jennie's POV
"Gosh! That was intense." I commented after the players left to take a shower.

"I thought they were going to fight earlier." Rosé said.

"Oh my! Seulgi oppa is so scary when he's serious." Sooyoung said.

"I agree. And I saw how Seulgi formed his hands into fists. Looks like he was going to punch Amber earlier if my honey hadn't intervened." I said.

"Amber was pissed earlier because he couldn't show off to Joohyun," Yerim said, and we laughed together, except for one person.

I looked at Joohyun, who was only frowning and looking at the court. She seems to be in deep thought.

I nudged her, and she was startled. She looked at me with a questioning look. "What?" She asked me.

"You were worried earlier, right?" I whispered at her and smirked.

"Worried about what?" She whispered back with a confused look on her face.

"When Amber pushed Seulgi."

"Why would I be worried?"

I grimaced, "You can fool others but not me, Joohyun. I saw how much you stopped yourself from going to Seulgi when he fell to the floor earlier." She looked caught off guard. "You like him, right?" I smiled at her teasingly.

She immediately shook her head. "That's nonsense, Jennie." She rolled her eyes at me.

I laughed at her reaction. She really looked worried earlier. I saw it with my beautiful eyes.

"What are you two whispering?" Yerim asked with a suspicious looked.

"I was just asking if she did balance the transaction earlier 'cause mine was not balanced." I looked at Joohyun and smirked. Gosh! I can be an actress!

After a moment, Chaeyoung, Jeongyeon, Amber, Ryujin, and Minjeong came out of the shower room. They just bid goodbye to us and walked out of the gym. The next ones to come out were Jisoo, Seungwan, and my honey.

"Let's go?" Jisoo asked us, and we nodded.

Seulgi and Moonbyul came out of the shower room after we stood up. The two looked at us and bowed. They are now walking toward the exit.

"Brothers, do you want to join us?" Seungwan asked them.

They both looked in our direction with confused faces.

"Where?" Moonbyul asked. They walked closer to us.

"We're going to the club. It's Friday anyway." Jisoo answered.

"It will be great if you join us." My honey said.

Moonbyul smiled. "I can join you, guys."

"That's great! How about you, Seulgi?" Seungwan asked him.

"Oh, I would also like to come, but I can't," Seulgi scratched his back head.

"Why not?" Yerim curiously asked.

"My mom didn't let me drink anywhere other than our house or Moonbyul's house. And if it's not at our house or Moonbyul's, she only allows me if I'm with her and dad." He admitted shyly. Okay, I admit. He's cute.

"Such a protective mom, huh?" Rosé commented.

Seulgi nodded and smiled. "Indeed."

Moonbyul looked at Seulgi. "I will try to convince auntie if you want."

"That's a great idea, Moonbyul oppa! Go, call Seulgi's mom now!" Sooyoung excitedly said.

Moonbyul picked up his phone from his backpack and looked at us.

"Wrong timing. My phone battery is dead." He looked at Seulgi. "Can I borrow yours?"

Seulgi nodded, "Sure." He took his phone from his pocket and unlocked it. "Here," He gives it to Moonbyul.

Moonbyul dialed Seulgi's phone and put it on loudspeaker. After four rings, someone answered.

"Hello, honey?" We heard a sweet voice on the other line. We have the same endearment, but mine is with my boyfriend.

"Hi, auntie. It's me, Moonbyul." Moonbyul greeted her.

"Oops, sorry. How are you, Moonbyul? It's been a long time."

"I'm good, auntie. How about you?"

"I'm also good. By the way, why did you call?"

"It's about Seulgi. I---" Moonbyul cut off.

"Did something happen to Seulgi? Is he in the hospital? How is he? Is he okay? Wait, I'll go there now. Which hospital are you in?" Seulgi's mom bombards Moonbyul with questions in a panicked voice.

We all laughed, even Joohyun, but not Seulgi. He scratches his back head and looks embarrassed. Gosh! He's really cute. Oops. Sorry, honey, for thinking that. Don't worry because for me, you're cuter than Seulgi. Hahaha.

Moonbyul laughed, "Calm down, auntie. Everything is okay."

Seulgi's mom sighed in relief after she heard that. "Really? That's a relief. So, what about Seulgi?"

"I just wanted to ask you, auntie, if it is okay for Seulgi to go to the club now? I'm with him, don't worry. I will take him home to your house, safe and sound." He assured Seulgi's mom. I looked at Seulgi, and he just grimaced.

"If that's the case and you're with him, go. Have fun!" Seulgi's mom answered, and Seulgi looked at his phone in disbelief as if it was his mom. We laughed at his reaction.

"Thank you, auntie! You're the best!" Moonbyul happily said.

Seulgi's mom laughed softly. "Just don't let anything bad happen to Seulgi, okay?"

"Yes, auntie. You can trust me."

"Okay. Can I talk to Seulgi for a moment?"

"Sure, auntie." Moonbyul brought the phone closer to Seulgi's mouth.

Seulgi couldn't hold it because he was busy fixing something on his backpack now.

"Hey, mom." Seulgi greeted.

"Honey, are you going to the club with the woman you like?" His mom asked with excitement in her voice.

Seulgi looked at his phone in surprise and took it from Moonbyul. He turned off the loudspeaker and put his phone to his ear. He turned around. So his back is facing us.

"Mom! You're on speaker earlier!" Seulgi whined.

We laughed at him except Moonbyul and Joohyun. Seulgi seems close to her mom. To think that his mom knows that he likes someone. I looked at Moonbyul, and he was still shocked by what he heard earlier.

"Not anymore, mom," Seulgi said on the other line. We can no longer hear what his mom is saying.

"Mom!... You're so mean to me... Okay, see you later, mom... I will. I love you too." Seulgi put his phone back in his pocket. He looks like a sweet son, huh?

Seulgi faced us again, and he smiled at us shyly. "Sorry for waiting. Let's go?" We nodded at him, and we left the gym together.