Chapter 42

Joohyun's POV
"Good morning, love." I kissed Seulgi on the cheek when I got into his car.

He always picks me up and drives me home after the car accident because my car is still under repair. He also wants to be with me before our internship.

He looked at me and smiled. "Good morning. Let's go?"

I buckled up my seat belt first and nodded. He started the engine and drove away.

"I remembered something," I said after minutes.

He glanced at me, "What is it?"

"Who is Soojung?" I asked when I suddenly remembered that woman.

"She was my classmate when we were in primary school. And she moved to Jeju in high school because her mom died, and there was no one to look after her grandparents."

"Why didn't her grandparents just move here instead?"

"They don't want to leave their house because that is the only memory left of their daughter, their only child, and Jung Soojung's mother. They still can't move on from the death of their daughter."

I nodded, "Where is Soojung's father?"

"Her father is our family driver. Anyway, why did you ask her all of a sudden?"

"I just remembered how close you two were when she visited you on our campus. You even let her do what she wanted to do to you. You actually look like a couple." I grimaced.

He chuckled, "My jealous girlfriend, huh?"

"How can I not? I thought that time you had already moved on from me. And Moonbyul also said that you looked like you had a relationship with her before." I rolled my eyes.

He laughed, "We're just plain friends, Hyun. Don't worry."

"You didn't like her before?" I raised my eyebrow.

He shook his head, "I only like her as a sister. I treated her like my real one, so I am to her. We treated each other like real siblings, but others interpreted it differently."

"You don't like her even a little bit? Be honest, Seul, or else I won't talk to you when I find out the truth from someone else."

I saw him swallow a lump, "I admit, I used to think she was pretty, but that's all. I never thought of going on a date or anything romantic stuffed with her."

"Then why did Moonbyul say that you treat her special compared to anyone else around you?"

"Because I asked her father, who knows martial arts, to teach me self-defense because I want to protect myself if I get into trouble. In return, I will protect his daughter from anyone that would harm her. That's also the reason why Soojung and I became close to each other." He frowned.

"What's with that face? Are you annoyed with me now?" I asked when I saw that his eyebrows almost met while explaining.

He sighed and shook his head, "No. I only feel that you don't believe what I said."

"I'm only asking, love."

"I know. That's just how I felt. I understand that you might be doubting me because of what I did to you before, that I cheated on you." He looked sad as he said that.

"That's not true, Seul. I believe what you said. What happened in the past is in the past. Don't even think about that. I've moved on about that, and remember you didn't cheat on me, okay?"

He sighed again, "Alright." He said shortly, and he became quiet afterward.

I'm just asking! I'm only curious, that's all! I grimaced.

I looked at him, "Seul." I called him after he parked his car in the parking lot of our campus.

"Hmm?" He unbuckled his seat belt and looked at me.

I pressed my lips together before speaking, "I'm sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to make you feel like that." I said sincerely.

He smiled at me, "It's alright. I only told you what I feel before you knew it to someone else."

I sighed, "I'm really just asking earlier."

He held my cheek, "I know. I believe you." He kissed my lips and looked at me again. "Let's go now?"

I grabbed his nape and pulled it. I kissed his lips gently, and he kissed me back. It lasted seconds before he pulled away and smiled at me.

"Let's go now, love. You might be late for your exam."

I smiled and nodded at him. We got out of his car, and I linked arms with him. We are now walking toward my classroom.

"Are the girls already forgave their boyfriends now?" Seulgi refers to our friends.

I nodded, "Yeah. Boys already know the weakness of their girlfriends, but that doesn't mean it's been easy for them." I laughed softly.

"Oh, girl thing." He commented.

"And what do you mean by that?" I glared at him.

He glanced at me and swallowed, "Nothing, love. You know that I love you, right?"

I rolled my eyes and looked in front. I saw Bogum with his girlfriend, whom we going to bump into. I stopped on my track when Bogum and his girlfriend were only a meter away from us, so Seulgi stopped too.

"Hi there, Bogum." I greeted him and smirked.

Bogum grimaced, "Stop planning to do anything crazy again, Joohyun." He warned me.

I laughed softly, "Don't worry, I won't. I'm with my boyfriend now."

"So, you will do crazy things when he's not around?" Bogum raised his eyebrow.

I shrugged my shoulders. "Maybe."

I saw Seulgi in my peripheral vision looked at me, "What?" He asked in disbelief.

I looked at Seulgi and saw his surprised face, "I'm just kidding, love. I won't do that again, even if you're not around. I promise."

"It seems you are serious about your relationship now, huh?" Bogum commented.

I looked at Bogum again, "Who wouldn't take this handsome man seriously? I bet even your girlfriend will agree with me, right?" I looked at his girlfriend.

I noticed that she kept staring at Seulgi. She looks like she has a crush on him. Sorry to her, but Seulgi is mine.

Kim Yoo Jung looked away from staring at Seulgi, "What are you talking about?"

I just shrugged. "Just asking." I looked at Bogum again. "We have to go now. I still have an exam to take, bye."

"Okay, bye." Bogum smiled and waved his hand, and so I did the same.

"You okay?" I asked Seulgi when I noticed that he was quiet again.

He nodded, "I don't like that man."

I glanced at him, "Who? Bogum?"

"Yeah."

"Don't worry. I don't like him too."

"You should be, love, or else I will hang him to the ring." He grimaced.

I laughed softly, "My jealous boyfriend, huh?" I said, and he pouted.