Chapter 25

Joohyun's POV
"Where's Seulgi, bro?" Seungwan asked Moonbyul after we approached him. He was alone here at the gym before we arrived.

He smiled, "He's absent today."

"Why? Is he sick?" Sooyoung asked worriedly.

Moonbyul shook his head. "Don't worry. He's just in the hospital." He said nonchalantly.

Hospital?! What the heck happened to him?! Is it about what happened yesterday? When he was hit by the ball?

"He's JUST in the hospital?!" Sooyoung emphasizes a word with wide eyes.

Moonbyul chuckled. "I'm sorry. I didn't explain well. He just went there for a check-up."

I want to smack his head right now, for real.

"Why?" Lisa asked.

"He said earlier in our call that he has been having headaches for the past few weeks now," Moonbyul answered.

"Why does he have a headache?" Yerim asked.

Moonbyul shrugged his shoulders. "I also don't know. That's why he will go to his previous Doctor today. Maybe it has something to do with the accident that happened to him a few years ago."

"Accident?" Jisoo asked.

Moonbyul nodded, "Yeah. Seulgi had an accident because someone cut him off on the road while he was driving. He was drunk at that time, so he couldn't think straight. Instead of stepping on the brake pedal, he stepped on the acceleration pedal. Therefore, in order to avoid crashing into the car that cut him off that was already in front of him, he chose to crash into the roadblock. That's why his mom is very protective of him, to the point that she didn't let him play basketball at our university when we were in the US because she said something might bad happen to him there. But I'm glad that auntie allowed him to play here on our campus. That's also why his mom doesn't want him to drink anywhere without me or them because he might do something stupid again. That is also why he was not allowed to drive after what happened."

"Not allowed to drive? But he drove last time, didn't he?" Lisa asked.

"That was also the day his mom allowed him to drive after so long because he negotiated with his mom." Moonbyul chuckled.

"Oh my! So meaning, that was his first drive after his accident?" Sooyoung asked with wide eyes. Moonbyul nodded at her.

"I can't believe it. Why didn't he tell me? I let him drive that time. What if he was already traumatized by what happened?" Seungwan looked worried.

I remembered the time he drove for me. I noticed his hands were shaking a bit when he started to drive, but he calmed down after a while. I also remember when he tightened his grip on the steering wheel when someone overtook him.

"Don't worry about him. He keeps bugging his mom to let him drive, so I think he really wants to do it. Also, you know Seulgi, he's a gentleman. And he won't let a woman drive if he can, especially if he likes that person." Moonbyul said, and they all looked at me teasingly.

I just rolled my eyes and went to the benches to sit. He is a true gentleman, not only to me but to everyone. That's one of the reasons why I liked him, but that's also what I hate about him. Some people, especially women, misinterpret his kindness and think he likes them. And because of his kindness, I'm jealous sometimes. SOMETIMES ONLY, OKAY? But I know he can't change being kind.

"Miss him already?"Jennie suddenly sat next to me and asked that.

"Who?" I acted like I didn't know who she was talking about.

"Err. Stop acting, Joohyun. It doesn't suit you." She grimaced.

I laughed softly, "You're really a meanie, Jennie."

"You didn't answer my question, Joohyun." She raised her eyebrow.

"I'm not," I answered while shaking my head.

"As if I believe that. I can see the longing in your eyes that you want to see him." She clasped her hands and placed them in front of her chest while looking up as if she was daydreaming as she said that.

"What are you talking about, Jennie? You look stupid now. You know that?"

She glared at me and hit my arm. "You're so bad!" I just laughed at her.

After their practice, we left the gym. I was behind the others and walking slowly. I just want to have alone time, but someone doesn't allow me to do that.

"You didn't answer my question last night," Seungwan asked.

I frowned at him. "What was your question? I can't remember."

"I asked last night if you have given him a chance now?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't know. But I think even if I don't give him a chance he will still bug me." I sighed.

He laughed, "I didn't know he had a side like that. I thought he was very innocent and not going to pick a fight, but I was shocked when he said that to Amber the very last time Amber flirted with you."

I shook my head when I remembered that day. "He's insane."

"He's just protecting his property." He teased me.

"I'm not his property." I countered.

"Not yet." He countered back. "So, back to the topic. Why don't you give him a chance? Honestly, I think he is serious about you. He looks like he's head over heels for you." He chuckled.

"That's what you think, but you don't know what he's thinking. Sometimes, what we think or believe about that person, can disappoint us."

"So deep, huh?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes, "I'm just saying based on my experience and want to share it with you to prevent this from happening to you."

He grimaced, "I'm wondering now what was the reason for your break up."

"I thought I told you about that when I was drunk?" I glanced at him.

"Right. He cheated on you." Did he really need to say that? "But that is not my point. I know you said he cheated on you, but I think there were other reasons why you broke up. I can't explain it to you properly." He scratched his back head.

"We broke up because I wasn't good enough for him, and that was it. Don't think too much, Seungwan-ah."

"That's not true. Honestly, if you're not my cousin, I'll date you and never look for someone else because you're enough for me."

"You will never look for someone else, huh? I will tell that to Sooyoung." I ran to the others who were now far away from us.

He also ran and followed me, "Joohyun! Don't you dare say that! She would kill me when she knew that!" He shouted, and I laughed at him.

Actually, what Seungwan said made me happy. I'm lucky to have him as my cousin.