Chapter 45

Joohyun's POV
"Why didn't you let me accompany you in your every therapy?" I frowned at Seulgi, who had his hand on my shoulders.

We are standing in the corner of the theater. There are so many people today, maybe because it's weekend. Sunmi volunteers to buy a ticket, and Jennie goes with her. While Sooyoung, Yerim, and Rosé were buying our drinks and snacks. They said we should just wait for them because Seulgi was the one who treated us all with drinks, snacks, and tickets.

Seulgi looked at me. He put his thumb and forefinger between my eyebrows and straightened them.

He smiled, "I already told you my answer to that question, love. I don't want to disturb you."

I rolled my eyes, "Your not a disturbance to me. And I'm your girlfriend, Seul."

"And it's not your obligation as my girlfriend to come with me to my every therapy. Besides, every Sunday is your day to hang out with the girls, right?"

I raised my eyebrow. "And that's your cousin's obligation to accompany you?"

He chuckled, "It's not like that. It just happened that this morning, she and hyung came to our house, and she was bored. So she insisted on accompanying me earlier in my therapy. And uhmm..." He scratched his temple.

I frowned. "What?"

"Noona and I talked earlier, and she asked me for a favor."

"What favor?"

"To help her to plan design because she wants to build her own house now, and after that, I will help her to monitor the construction. I will go to their place every Saturday because my therapy is every Sunday, so that means..." He looked at the floor.

"That means the only day we can spend together is gone, right?" I sighed.

"I'm sorry, love. I can't say no. You know I made a promise to her when we were young, right?"

I grimaced, "Whatever, Seul."

He pouted, "Oh please, Hyun. Don't be upset with me. You can use that time to spend more time with your family."

"I also want to spend some time with you too, Seul," I said in a voice that made him understand my side. "We're not together every weekday at lunch and every Sunday because you want me to have time for the girls to bond. Plus, you said you are busy after every therapy, even though I saw you today bonding with your cousin. And now you don't even have time every Saturday with me." I sighed. "Seriously? Don't you want to be with me?"

Seulgi immediately shook his head. He went in front of me and cupped my face with his hands. "It's not like that, love. I really wanted to be with you every single day." He sighed, and I saw that he was hesitant to say something. "Honestly..." He trailed off.

"Honestly, what?" I asked impatiently.

He removed his hands from my face and looked down, "Honestly, I'm afraid that if we're always together, you might get tired of being with me and fall out of love with me."

I frowned. "Why did you think I would get tired of being with you?"

"I had heard true stories about couples who were together since they were young. And when they were adults, one of them got tired and fell out of love. I'm afraid of losing you again, Hyun."

So, that's his reason? His afraid? Afraid of losing me?

"What if it happens the other way around?" He looked at me with questioning eyes. "What if you fall out of love and not me?"

He grimaced, "I don't think so. Because even though I forgot you before, even though I had plans to date someone else when I was in the US, I couldn't. I feel like I'm betraying someone. And when I first saw you again after many years, my heart fluttered. And when I recovered my memories of you, I realized that it was still you even though my mind had forgotten you. Still you make my heart go crazy. It's still you that I love. Still you, Hyun. And no one else can replace you in my heart." He said sincerely.

I smiled at what he said. Okay, my irritation is gone now. "You don't have to be afraid that I might get tired of you. I don't think I can love another person the way I love you, Seul."

He smiled and hugged me, "You're being a sweet talker, huh." He commented. "Ouch!"

He pulled away from hugging me and rubbed the side of his waist where I pinched him. He looked at me and pouted. I just laughed at his reaction.

"Sorry if it took so long. There were a lot of people queuing up to buy tickets." We were startled when we heard Sunmi's voice.

"That is also the case in the queue for snacks and drinks," Sooyoung said.

We looked at them, and they were all in front of us. Seulgi approached Rosé holding three drinks. She seems to be having a hard time handling it. Sunmi and Jennie were also holding drinks with both hands, while Sooyoung and Yerim were holding snacks in both hands, which was why they couldn't help Rosé.

"I'm sorry for letting you buy all of this. I'll help you." Seulgi said.

He took one of the drinks Rosé was holding and two snacks to Sooyoung because she was holding four snacks. I went to Yerim and took one of the three snacks she was holding.

"It's okay. It's your money that we used, after all." Yerim said.

Seulgi chuckled, " Let's go?"

"Yeah, let's go!" Sunmi excitedly said.

Seulgi let them go inside before him. I waited for him and took one of the snacks from his hand.

"I can handle that." He said.

I rolled my eyes, "Don't be too gentlemanly. I might fall in love even more."

He chuckled, "That's good then."

"So..." I trailed off.

"So?"

"So, are you still afraid I might fall out of love?"

"Not anymore. But I still want you to have time with your family and friends because I realize that we will be together every day when the time comes."

I glanced at him confusedly, "How come?"

"Because when you want to settle down, I will marry you and build my family with you. I want to grow old with you, and I hope you allow it."

I smiled, "Crazy. Of course, I will agree to that. I actually love that idea."

"I'm glad to hear that," Seulgi said happily.