Chapter 43

Seulgi's POV
"At last! Our final exams are over! Let's go to the club later, guys." Sooyoung said.

"I'm in. It's already Friday, so it's no problem." Lisa said.

"Count me in. I need to relax, especially since the U-league starts next week." Seungwan said.

"I agree with Seungwan," Jisoo said.

"I'm also in." Jennie, Yerim, Rosé, and Moonbyul said at the same time.

"How about you, lovers?" Sooyoung asked.

I glanced at her because I was busy playing with my phone and saw that they were all looking at Joohyun and me.

I paused my game and looked at them again. I pointed at myself and Joohyun, who was busy scrolling through her social media, to know if they were referring to us, and they all nodded.

"If Hyun is going, then I'm in," I answered.

Joohyun looked at me with a questioning face when she heard me mention her name.

"What?" She frowned.

"Are you joining them at the club later?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She said shortly and went back to her phone.

I looked at our friends and thumbed up. Then, I continued my game again.

A few minutes later, I heard people coming in. I bet it's our teammates because I heard Ryujin and Jeongyeon's voices and Amber and Winter laughing. They might be joking about Chaeyoung's height again.

I put my phone in my bag after I played and looked at the person sitting next to me on the bench. Joohyun scrolling through her phone and frowning.

"You okay?" I asked her.

She looked at me irritated. "Of course. Especially when my boyfriend got busy playing on his phone since we went here. I think he should date his phone instead of me." She said sarcastically and rolled her eyes. I bit my lips. You're dead, Kang Seulgi.

I heard the others laugh softly. I looked at them and saw that they were leaving us. I looked at Joohyun again, who was back on her phone, scrolling nonstop.

"Hey," I said to her.

"Don't talk to me." She annoyingly said.

I hugged her from her side. "I'm sorry, love. I'm just increasing my rank," I said sweetly.

"Rank your face."

She was still busy scrolling on her phone. I sighed and looked at the others who were now busy playing on the court. I looked at Joohyun again, who still looked irritated.

"I'm really sorry, love... Hey... Hyun... Talk to me, please."

I sighed again when she was not responding to me. Hmm, what can I do to make her talk to me? I smile when I think of something.

I brought my face closer to her and gently kissed her lips. She gasped in surprise and pushed me away from her.

She looked around and breathed a sigh of relief that no one noticed what I had done to her. As if I would do that if someone watching.

She glared at me. "Yah! Why did you do that?!" She annoyingly asked.

I pouted, "Because you're not responding to me."

She frowned, "And that's your way of getting me to respond to you?!"

I nodded, "Yeah. And I think it's effective." I chuckled.

She rolled her eyes, "Not funny."

"Hey. I'm really sorry, Hyun. You should tell me earlier. I would have stopped playing if you told me to."

She raised her eyebrow, "And then what? You'll be upset at me if I tell you?"

"Why would I?" I confusedly asked.

"Because you got annoyed with Moonbyul when he disturbed you earlier when you were playing."

"Because he was only messing with me earlier. But I'll stop playing instantly if you tell me to stop because you're more important than my game. I like to play games, but you're the one that I love. You're my girlfriend, and you're more important than anything. Even if you tell me, right now, to stop playing basketball, I will do it because I'd rather lose the things I like than lose the one I love."

She sighed in defeat and shook her head, "You're really a sweet talker, huh."

I hugged her from her side again and kissed her cheek, "Just telling the truth." I put my head on her shoulder.

She laughed softly, "Whatever, Seul." She put her head on top of my head.

We just stayed in that position when someone spoke after a few minutes. "Stop being PDA now, guys. People are coming in." Jennie said.

I broke away from hugging Joohyun and looked around. She's right. Some people are entering the gym now.

"Says the one who always doing PDA." Yerim mocked her.

We laughed at what Yerim said, except Jennie, who just grimaced at her. They are walking towards us now.

"Are you guys okay now?" Jisoo asked, and I nodded.

"Obviously, yes, Jisoo. Joohyun's face is bright now compared to earlier. She looked like she was going to break her phone in Seulgi's face earlier.

"Yah!" Joohyun glared at her cousin.

"It's true! Your face was very dark earlier." Seungwan chuckled.

"Shut up, Seungwan," Joohyun said in irritation.

"And I saw you acting like you're busy scrolling your phone, but you didn't see a single picture or text because you were scrolling so fast." Seungwan keeps teasing Joohyun, and Joohyun looks really annoyed now.

"Hey, stop teasing her, or else I will do what you did to me back then at the club later," I warned Seungwan.

Seungwan, Sooyoung, and Joohyun's eyes widened, "You know it?!" They asked in surprise.

I also looked at Joohyun with a surprised face, "You know that too?"

Joohyun nodded at me, "I only found out that they did that after a few days later."

I nodded, "I just had a hunch when Seungwan and Sooyoung left after they said they were only getting their money from the car they forgot while we were waiting for our drinks. I saw them in the distance had talked to the woman who sat on my lap before. And they gave her money secretly after they talked." I looked at Seungwan again. "I will do that to you later if you're not going to stop teasing my girlfriend."

Seungwan looked frightened and raised both hands, "Okay. I'll stop now, bro."

I smiled with satisfaction, "Good, then."

"Joohyun! Look what your boyfriend did to my boyfriend! He threatened my babe!" Sooyoung complained to Joohyun.

Joohyun rolled her eyes, "Serves him right."

We laughed at what Joohyun said, except for the two who looked defeated. Better luck next time, crazy couple.