Chapter 11

Joohyun's POV
"Ouch! I hate hangovers!" I winced when I woke up and held my head with my hands.

I stood up and saw hangover pills and a glass of water at my side table. I think my mom is the one who put that. I drank it and looked at the wall clock. It's 10:17 am now. I went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. After that, I went downstairs.

"Good morning, unnieeeee!" My sister, who was sitting on the couch in the living room, greeted me.

"Hmm, good morning. Where's mom? Is she meeting with her friend again?" I asked and sat down on the couch in front of her. "I noticed that they often meet each other every weekend."

My sister laughed, "Mom even invited me last time to come with her, but I refused because I assumed I would just be bored with them. And no, she went to the grocery store today." She answered. "By the way, you were such a mess last night." She looked at me teasingly.

I grimaced. "Who take me home?"

"Of course, Seungwan oppa did. There's no one else who will take you home." She snickered.

I rolled my eyes. "You're so mean."

She laughed softly. "I bet you drank too much last night because it seems you can't remember a thing."

I just shrugged my shoulders. "It's been a while since I last drank that much. I think I just missed that feeling, but not the hangovers."

"If you think so." She said as if she didn't believe what I said.

I grimaced and stood up. "Have you eaten?"

"Yeah, with mom and dad."

I nodded and went to the dining area to eat alone.

Seulgi's POV
"Good morning, people!" I greeted them happily. They were in the dining area, and they were all greeted back. My parents and I are in the house of my relatives now. "Happy birthday, hyung!" I said after I sat down beside dad.

"Thank you, Seulgi." He smiled at me.

"You seem like you woke up on the right side of the bed, son, huh?" My dad commented.

I grimaced. Not really. I actually had a weird dream. "I'm just happy that we are all together now after so long," I smiled at dad and looked at hyung afterward. "Where's noona?" I asked him, and suddenly someone kissed my cheek.

I wasn't surprised because I knew who that person was. I looked at that person and smiled.

"Good morning, Seulgi! Why are you looking for me?" Noona asked me.

"Good morning, noona. I didn't see you here, that's why." I looked back at the table and started putting food on my plate.

"Are you all finished eating now?" I asked them because I saw their used plate.

"Yes, honey. We just finished now." My mom answered.

"Oh, okay." I looked at noona. "Where do you go earlier, noona?" I asked and started eating.

"I just took a phone call." I nodded at what she said. "Anyways, when is your U-league?" She sat in front of me.

"My coach said it's after our final exam this sem. Why?"

"Oppa and I wanted to watch you play again. It's been a while since we last saw you play basketball."

Hyung nodded, "Yeah, but mom and dad can't come because they are busy with our company."

"Yes, we're sorry about that, Seulgi," Auntie said sadly, and uncle nodded as agreeing.

"It's okay, auntie, uncle. I understand. Besides, I might disappoint you with my play and waste your time." I chuckled.

"That's not going to happen! And I want you to know that we will be watching you to support you, not to pressure you." Noona said.

I smiled at her. "Oh, what a sweet cousin you are."

"Lucky you, you have me as a cousin. Sweet and, of course, pretty!"

"Proud of yourself, huh?" Hyung sneered at noona.

"Because it's true!" Noona irritatedly said, and we laughed at her.

"I heard you sprained your wrist, Seulgi." Uncle changed the topic. "Is that okay now?"

I nodded at him. "Yes, uncle. I can even lift you now." I chuckled.

He laughed, "That's good to know, then."

"How's your practice, son?" My dad asked me.

"It's good, dad."

"Do you already have a girlfriend?" Dad chuckled.

I grunted, "Dad!" I whined, and they all laughed.

"What? I'm just asking. And remember, you should pick better."

I grimaced, "You're not asking, dad. You are pressuring me." I pouted.

"You still don't have a girlfriend until now?!" Hyung asked me with a surprised face.

I nodded, "I'm not really into a relationship, hyung. I better play basketball than understand the girls' mood swings." I answered nonchalantly.

"Yah!" Mom, auntie, and noona said at the same time. On the other hand, Dad, uncle, and hyung laughed.

I was startled by the girls and realized what I had said. "O-oh, I'm sorry. I-I'm not talking to all girls." I nervously laughed because they might kill me later.

"You're so mean to us, honey. You know we have a reason why we changed our mood suddenly." My mom said.

"And like what?" My uncle asked.

For your information, my uncle and mom are siblings.

"Like..." Mom trailed off while thinking of the answer. We laughed at her, oh, just the boys only.

"We have different reasons, but we have a reason!" Auntie irritatedly said. I saw uncle swallow a lump.

Uh-oh, that's a bad sign. That's what I'm talking about why I don't want to be in a relationship, hahaha.

"O-of course, you have your reasons, sweetie, and I understand that." Uncle stuttered.

"I agree. Dad is very UNDERstanding. Right, dad?" Hyung emphasized the word 'under.' Dad and I laughed.

"And why are you laughing? Is there anything funny?" Mom asked dad while raising her eyebrow.

"I'm not laughing. I'm just coughing." Dad said and acted like he was coughing.

"No, mom. I saw dad laugh really hard, especially when I mentioned the girls' mood swings earlier." I chuckled, and mom glared at my dad.

"Son, I thought we were in the same boat!" He whispered to me.

"Sorry, dad. It's for the payment for asking me often about having a girlfriend," I whispered back at him, and he grunted.

After our breakfast, everyone became busy with the party later. My mom and auntie are in the dining area. They choose the menu for the party and say it to the caterer.

Noona monitored the venue behind their house, where the pool was, and told her suggestion to the organizer.

Hyung is just in the living room, inviting whoever he wants to come to his party. Dad and uncle are just busy playing Baduk on the terrace.

And I'm in the guest room practicing guitar and the song I will sing later at the party because hyung requested it from me.