FOUR ─ [ . : 。✿ ] carnations

carnation flowers represent fascination and love . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2018

(Y/N) got a fairly early start to unpacking. She really just wanted to get it over with, and figured the sooner she started, the sooner it would be done. She put on some music, and started with putting her clothes and other essential items away, as that seemed to be the most important. Once finished with that, she began the process of putting up her fake ivy vines on the walls. At first, it was pretty easy. She started closer to the ground, and worked around her posters. But, as (Y/N) moved upwards, she found it growing more and more difficult.

Furrowing her brows in thought, she looked around. 'How can I do this?' After a moment, she saw the desk and chair in the corner of the room. 'Perfect.' (Y/N) picked up the chair and placed it back where she was working. Then, she stood up on it, and taped the higher piece in place. The chair seemed a little wobbly──  it was a hand-me-down from her mother, who'd had it since she first moved out of her own parents' place, so it was pretty old. But, as she moved around slightly to test it, (Y/N) decided it was sturdy enough to work for this.

She resumed taping the vines in place. She could feel the chair rocking just a little, but it wasn't so bad that she thought it would be an issue.

(Y/N) stepped down, and moved it about a foot to the side so she could continue. As she continued, she grew more confident in the chair's ability to help her reach the taller places. She kept on like that, taping the vines all around the walls, and moving the chair to better reach the spots she had in mind.

It was looking really cute, and she was almost done by the time she got to a spot a little higher up than before. Feeling braver now that the chair had done so well, she stood on her tiptoes and leaned a little, reaching, reaching, reaching──  until the chair wobbled more than before, and she fell to the floor with a resounding thud.

(Y/N) laid there for a second in defeat. But, after a moment, she sat up. "Well, that didn't work out the way I hoped..." She huffed, gently massaging what she could reach of her now-sore back.

As she slowly stood back up, she tripped over the chair that had apparently fallen with her, and once again fell to the floor.

"Goddammit..."

A moment later, someone knocked on her closed bedroom door.

"It's open," she said, her voice clearly strained. 'That one really hurt...'

The door slowly swung open, and in walked Elijah. "You okay?" He asked cautiously.

"Doing great, thanks for asking," (Y/N) answered from her spot on the ground. She sat up once more with a quiet groan.