TWENTY-FIVE ─ [ . : 。✿ ] rue

rue flowers represent regret, and seeking forgiveness for one's wrongdoing. they symbolize everlasting suffering . . .

*

*. : * * .: * * . : *

THURSDAY, JULY 5, 2018

It only took a moment for the initial shock of the altercation to wear off enough for the five to begin running after the panicked girl. (Y/N) raced down the stairs. She could barely hear her roommates clamoring for her over the sound of her own pounding heart.

'Fuck... Fuck... Fuck!' She repeated to herself.

This wasn't how she'd really wanted to make her escape. She wanted to wait it out; get at least a few of them out of the house; come up with a solid plan for once she made it out. Anything more than just sprinting like a madman across her house without so much as an extra pair of clothes to take with her. But the stress had been piling up, growing and growing and growing, until it just boiled over. Between their admission that they never planned on letting her go, the revelation that they'd been drugging her, as well as their continued insistence that this was somehow all for her own good... she just couldn't take it anymore. She couldn't think straight. She couldn't breathe. Her heart was pounding. She just needed to get the fuck out.

She turned the corner into the living room. Distantly, she was aware that her roommates were gaining on her. She could vaguely feel them close behind her. But her vision was blurry from the panic, and she didn't even feel in control of her own body anymore.

She never thought they'd leave her terrified like this.

She'd loved getting to know them. She'd laughed with them, cooked with them. They'd exchanged stories, comforted each other. They'd been there for her through all of the post-traumatic stress and physical healing processes. She trusted them.

And now she couldn't even recognize them.

She ran up to the door, and tried to slam it open. But it didn't budge. She should've guessed they'd installed a lock. After all, she woke to them installing locks on her windows. But between her hazy sight and panicked mind, she hadn't come to that conclusion fast enough to save herself.

Naoki made it first. He pulled her into his arms. Firmly, without any allowance for movement, but still somehow impossibly soft and careful. The juxtaposition was perfectly fitting: they saw her as too fragile to handle with anything less than the most gentle of care, and too fragile to let her just take care of herself. They were determined to trap her in the plush jail cell of their protection. They were too far gone to realize that it was still a jail cell.

"Oh, angel... It's okay, you're safe..." Naoki murmured into her ear, as he pulled her even closer. He stroked her hair tenderly. "Please don't cry... We won't let anything happen to you..."