EIGHTEEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] black iris

black iris flowers represent change, rebirth, and independence . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

FRIDAY, JUNE 22, 2018

Although she'd gotten into the habit of walking to work, (Y/N) drove instead that morning. She wasn't sure if she'd ever feel safe walking alone again. However, while she may have been comforted by the action of driving instead, the same could not be said of her roommates, who felt an unbearable sense of dread the very moment she walked out the front door.

She was the first to leave for work that morning, having decided to show up earlier than usual for a morning shift to help re-stock and organize. In spite of her conversation with Aziza the day before, (Y/N) was still dead-set on staying busy as her only coping mechanism, so she was quick to leave for work. Lori and Elijah didn't have work that day, Naoki was working an afternoon shift at the library, and Silas and Aziza still had a couple hours before they needed to be there for their more regularly scheduled 9-5 jobs.

So as soon as (Y/N) was gone, they were all left together to worry over their beloved's safety.

"She shouldn't be going back to work so soon," Elijah commented, staring out the window. It would become a habit of his. He'd had no idea how long (Y/N) had been bleeding out on the lawn the day of the stabbing, before he found her. The fact that he'd happened to glance out the window was something of a miracle── a miracle he thanked fate for with every breath. So staring out the window helped ease some of his anxiety, knowing that he would be ready the moment she needed him. But of course, he couldn't be fully calm unless she was safely with him. "She needs to be resting."

There were a few chimes of agreement. Silas sighed, and added, "But it's not like we can force her to stay home."

There was a moment of hesitant silence. They were at different places in accepting such an idea. Elijah, being perhaps the most obviously paranoid about (Y/N)'s safety, wasn't necessarily opposed to keeping her home, even if she was less than willing. Silas was the most against it, as he was more worried about the emotional complications for her of such a thing. The rest were somewhere in between.

But they were all still lucid enough for the time being to decide against it. Lori released a sigh, and brought her legs up against her chest and rested her chin on her knees. "I just want her to be okay..."

"She will be," Naoki said firmly. "We'll give her anything she needs, and... we'll help her any way we can. We'll help make her okay."

By now, they were all dedicated to the idea of taking care of (Y/N). They didn't want to make her feel incapable of infantilized── they just wanted to keep her safe, happy, and healthy. It was all they could think about these days. Just maintaining her well-being. The thought of her experiencing even the slightest amount of discomfort brought a tightness in their chests; an ache that made it difficult to breathe. So to think of the trauma she was currently healing from was enough to drive them crazy.