TWENTY-THREE ─ [ . : 。✿ ] purple hyacinth

purple hyacinth flowers often represent sorrow, and pleading
for forgiveness . . .

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2018

Amidst all of the chaos and confusion of her roommates' sudden confession of love for her, (Y/N) had forgotten that today was the day she was meant to return to work. Instead, she laid in bed, hoping to fall asleep and wake to discover it had all been some strange dream. But sleep wouldn't come; she tossed and turned over and over, trying to find the necessary peace of mind to earn some rest.

It wasn't that she was necessarily outright rejecting them. Really, the problem was just that she wasn't sure. She had no romantic experience, she'd only known each of them for almost a month and a half, and she was still working through how to take care of herself again after the attack.

And then there was the fact that all five of them claimed to be in love with her. She wasn't sure how to respond to such serious feelings from any one of them, but all five? And the fact that Aziza revealed that so confidently told (Y/N) that this was something they'd discussed with each other. There was some sort of agreement between them that she hadn't been clued in on. And trying to figure out what it was or how it came to be was only worsening her persistent headache.

It all just felt like too much.

So, deciding that she needed a bit of fresh air to clear her head, she finally emerged from her room and walked downstairs. As soon as she stepped into the living room, each of her housemates immediately perked up.

They stood to greet her. While she had been upstairs trying to process everything, they had agreed that they wouldn't press her for any kind of response. They'd give her as much time as she needed... so long as they were keeping her safe at the same time.

Still, they wanted more than anything to know what she was thinking.

"Hey," (Y/N) greeted cautiously. "I'm, uh... gonna go for a walk. Try to clear my head for a bit."

Elijah winced. Images of her bleeding out in their front yard flashed in his mind. It wasn't safe. She could be hurt. Worse than last time, even. She could be killed. It wasn't safe. It wasn't safe. He needed her to be safe. "Are you sure you don't wanna just hang out in the garden?"

With a shake of her head, (Y/N) answered, "No, I really just need to get out, I think." She noted her roommates' shared hesitance. "I'll stay in the neighborhood, only go in areas with a good amount of people." She needed to be careful. She kept reminding herself that what happened wasn't her fault. That there wasn't really anything different she should have done to keep herself safe. But it was a constant battle, and she lost as often as she won. If she could just stay careful, maybe nothing else would happen. Maybe she wouldn't have to regret so much.