╰┈➤ q&a completed

hello hello hello!

hope you're all doing well! i've loved reading your reactions to the ending of worship,
and now the q&a is officially closed

so let's get into it :)

some questions have been combined
or simplified to make it a little easier

*. : * * .: * * . : *

section one ── questions about worship

will (y/n) ever fully recover from
the whole yandere thing?
i think she'll recover as much as anyone can from trauma. i see her having a few distinct triggers (can't swallow pills anymore, hates small spaces or feeling trapped, probably some paranoia with meeting new people). but i think she lives a happy life. i see her living alone for a while, but andrea would check up on her, and i have this idea about several years down the line, once ivy graduates college, her and (y/n) being roommates. she definitely goes to therapy, at the recommendation of andrea. regardless, she definitely has her trauma from it all but i like to think she gets a happy ending.

what happened to the yanderes
after the last chapter?
i left this kinda ambiguous because i really wanted the ending to be focused on (y/n) and her freedom and closure. but elijah, silas, and naoki all die in the immediate shootout between them and the police in the final chapter. i see lori killing herself in jail, probably after (y/n) testifies against her. i don't see her wanting to continue after that. and i think if (y/n) had been freed sooner, aziza probably would've just gone to prison and waited out her sentence, but because of that break she started having at the very end, i see her trying to fight against the police to get back to (y/n), and getting shot in the process. by the end of the book, i think they've all become so consumed by their need to protect (y/n) that not being able to do so gives them no purpose.

what's a random headcanon you have
about each character?
ooo good question!
elijah loves gardening, and did most of the upkeep outside. he wanted to study horticulture or something of that nature, but his parents pushed him into academics instead.
lori really wanted to get into crocheting, and spends hours on pinterest looking at inspo only to never actually make anything.
silas had a cat growing up called tuna, she lived for 15 years before she got sick, and silas made his family have a funeral in the backyard for her.
aziza has an extreme fear of needles and will pass out every single time she has to get a shot.
naoki had a major shoplifting phase in high school but stopped after he got arrested one time, it was expunged from his record when he turned 18.
ivy is a vegetarian, and has been since she was 14.
matteo and jasper met in detention in high school. matteo was regularly in trouble, and jasper was normally a good kid but got in a fight after some kid called him a slur. matteo sorta cleaned up after meeting jasper, and would really only get in trouble when defending him.
andrea takes her kids to see her mom every weekend to keep her from getting too lonely after losing andrea's dad.

does (y/n) ever tell her mom about what happened to her?
i think inevitably she would have to, but i do see it taking a while. i think it would be hard for her to admit it in general, but this (y/n) had an interesting dynamic with her mom where she took on the emotional caregiver role her mom should've (as
i somewhat hinted at, more so towards the beginning), and i think it'd be really hard for her to talk about everything with her in particular. i don't think (y/n) would be super able to talk about any of it in depth with anyone except a therapist to be honest.