TWENTY-TWO ─ [ . : 。✿ ] red rose

red rose flowers represent passion and romance. they are often given as a declaration of love . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

WEDNESDAY, JULY 4, 2018

(Y/N)'s next days off work went by in a blur. Her roommates had varying work schedules, so at least one of them was home with her at all times──  which she very much appreciated, if for no other reason than to prevent her from dying of boredom. She was used to working. Had been working just about every day since she was 16, to support herself and periodically her mom. With her not really leaving the house, she was starting to feel restless.

The others didn't even really let her take care of any housework. They maintained that she should be taking it easy, resting, and relaxing. They did her laundry, kept everything clean, washed the dishes, and did most of the cooking──  though they did eventually allow her to do some of it, so long as she had sufficient help.

It was nice. Elijah and Lori in particular had gotten into cooking more. While all of them tried learning, with varying levels of success, it came most naturally to them.

Still, (Y/N) struggled with feeling useless during all this. Her housemates were quick to assure her that she wasn't useless at all! They didn't mind doing any of this stuff for her! They didn't want her to worry about a thing!

There was something strange in these mannerisms. A look in their eyes that she could only half-perceive. Something seemed off, but... these were her friends. And they just wanted the best for her. Her time in the hospital had been just as hard on them as it had been on her. So she ultimately brushed off that tiny pinprick of a feeling in the pit of her stomach. For the time being, it was so small that ignoring it was easy. Definitely easier than trying to figure out what exactly the feeling was, and what was causing it.

It certainly didn't help that the coffee they made for her each morning just didn't wake her up like it used to. Although the disoriented and dizzy feeling she'd been experiencing before had finally faded, she just generally felt more... subdued, she supposed was the best way to put it. She was calm, which was welcome after the initial paralyzing anxiety following the stabbing. But she just felt a little more tired and sluggish than usual.

She mostly chalked it up to lethargy. She wasn't doing much these days, and (Y/N) was sure that once she got back into her normal routine, she would be back to her normal energy levels.

So, on Wednesday morning, the day she and Matteo agreed she'd come back to work, she got up at 8. She got dressed in a little green and white striped shirt and some baggy overall shorts, styled her (H/L), (H/C) hair, and walked downstairs to eat breakfast before work.