NINETEEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] edelweiss

edelweiss flowers represent devotion. the flowers tend to
grow amidst adversity. . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

TUESDAY, JUNE 26, 2018

The past four nights hadn't shown any improvement in (Y/N)'s ability to let her guard down enough to sleep. Every time she closed her eyes, she saw those cold blue eyes staring at her with such venomous rage, felt the searing pain in her abdomen from the stab wound, and heard her pounding heart slow, as she was sure she would die this way. She didn't, of course, but her brain had trouble remembering that. And every time she let herself relax, she couldn't stop herself from feeling everything all over again.

Friday night, she cleaned and reorganized her room. She moved the desk to the window, allowing for the natural light to help her work, and color coordinated her closet.

Saturday night, she cleaned the living room, dusting each little corner of the room, and wiping down every surface, polished the small wooden tables. This was while she was waiting for the newly washed throw blankets and pillows on the furniture to finish drying. Once she did, she placed and folded each of them with care.

Sunday night, she'd organized the fridge and pantry. Before, there wasn't much rhyme or reason. But now there were sections labeled shared, or for a specific member of the house, and all in clusters based on the type of ingredient. She also cleaned out the oven, and pried off the burners to clean the inside of the stove.

And Monday night, (Y/N) went to a 24-hour craft store, and bought a few art pieces and frames for pictures of them to add to the pretty blank dining room. None of them really used it before (Y/N) moved in, so they hadn't bothered to decorate in there. But she put up some art work, and printed out photos she'd taken of all of them in various groupings and settings, and put them up in frames on the wall.

It wasn't just that she wanted to avoid sleep by distracting herself. The act of cleaning was soothing in its own way. With her mother being something of a clean freak with an unwillingness to take care of herself, (Y/N) had grown up taking on many chores to help take care of her mom. When she was 10, her mother spent a week in the hospital after collapsing from the exhaustion of working 2 jobs and raising a kid all on her own. And even so young, (Y/N) knew that this would only continue unless someone lightened her load. And she was the only one around to do it, so she did. Taking care of everything by cooking, cleaning, and doing almost all of the household chores was her way of assuring herself that nothing bad would happen to her mom. So now that she was terrified after the traumatic attack, those habits only intensified. If these things kept her mom okay, maybe it would make her okay, too.

Saturday morning, this behavior had remained largely unnoticed by her housemates, as she'd kept it to her own room. But by Sunday and Monday morning, they'd definitely caught on, and Tuesday morning was perhaps the most shocking to them.