TWENTY-NINE ─ [ . : 。✿ ] arborvirtae

arborvirtae flowers represent unchanging friendship. due to their evergreen state throughout any season, they carry symbolism for reliability, and trust . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

TUESDAY, JULY 10, 2018

(Y/N) was becoming strangely accustomed to waking up to see someone watching her sleep. This time, it was Aziza and Lori, the former leaning against her desk, and the latter sitting at the chair beside it. She blinked. Although the panic from yesterday had mostly subsided, she felt disoriented. All the adrenaline had exhausted her body, and it was hard to think clearly.

'I can't keep living like this...' she thought, trying not to fall into despair. 'I want out... I have to get out...'

Lori was the first to speak up, her tone careful and tinged with anxiety. "...How'd you sleep?"

Sitting up a little, (Y/N) shrugged. "Okay I guess," she rubbed her eyes, trying to clear her mind. "What time is it...?"

"A little after 11," Aziza answered after a quick glance at her phone. She was fidgeting with her fingernails. Although her voice came off as calm, it was clear she was just as nervous as Lori. "Listen, (Y/N)... we wanna talk to you about... yesterday."

She immediately stiffened. Her eyes flickered down to her gauze-wrapped forearm, and she paled. Clearing her throat, she looked back up, but avoided meeting either of their gazes. "I'd rather not," she muttered.

Lori and Aziza exchanged glances. "Darling, we wanna help you," Lori pleaded. "Talk to us, please."

(Y/N) only shook her head.

"I know what happened yesterday was scary," Aziza picked up where Lori left off. "But we need you to know nothing like that would ever happen to you. All we want is to keep you safe, a─and you can come to us with anything──!"

"I don't wanna talk about it," (Y/N) insisted. She looked up at them, anguish swirling in her (E/C) eyes. "Please... I just wanna forget."

Immediately, it felt like all the air had been ripped from their lungs. Seeing their beloved in so much pain... it shattered them. All they could do was nod. If she wanted to forget, they'd allow her that. They just wanted to make her happy.

They couldn't see how much they were killing her.

So Lori and Aziza stayed their for hours. Talking and trying to laugh, telling any story that might distract sweet (Y/N), rambling on about anything and everything they could think of. (Y/N) didn't laugh at their jokes the way she used to. There were no smiles, barely even any words spoken really. But every once in a while, she'd nod. Maybe mutter something. And that was enough for them. It had to be. They were clinging to any crumbs they could get, desperate to convince themselves that she was gonna be okay. They couldn't take the thought that they were hurting her in ways that were possibly irreversible. Like a broken record, they couldn't help repeating that all they truly wanted was to protect her. But their protection was poison, rotting her from the inside out, and in many ways (Y/N) already felt hollow. So when she stared ahead with that empty gaze, looking devoid of the warmth and joy they'd first fallen in love with... both found it near impossible to hold back tears.