THIRTEEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] daisy

daisy flowers represent purity
and cheerfulness . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

WEDNESDAY, JUNE 13, 2018

"Hey, Mom, how's it going?"

"Good on my end, dear," Came her mother's answer through the phone. "How are you? Did moving into the new place go okay?"

"Mhm, it went really well," (Y/N) answered. "My roommates are all really sweet, it's been great."

"Good, good."

(Y/N) hadn't called her mom since she moved in. They were usually better about staying in touch, but with unpacking and working and hanging out with her housemates, (Y/N) hadn't really had time. So she was calling her now, while she walked home from work.

"How are Kim and the boys?" (Y/N) asked. Kim was her mom's best friend of 10 years; her and her two sons were practically family.

"Oh, they're just wonderful. Ethan and Elliot are both so tall now! Won't be long before they're taller than me. They took me out to eat last night, it was so sweet! We went to Olive Garden──  haven't been there in years! They wouldn't let me pay, but it was such a nice time."

(Y/N) was glad Kim was watching out for her mom. That had been her biggest fear about moving so far away; she knew her mom struggled with remembering to take care of herself. So it had always felt like that made it (Y/N)'s job to look after her. Now that she was hours away, she asked Kim to help make sure she took the time to rest and got enough to eat. And it sounded like she was doing just that.

"That's great, Mom," (Y/N) smiled, exhaling quietly in relief. "Did you get the angel hair pasta?"

"Yes, yes, it was so yummy! I should come up and visit and take you out to Olive Garden sometime. It'd be great to treat my girl."

"That'd be great, I'd really love that," she said. It wouldn't ever happen. Her mom would get too caught up working her two jobs and cleaning around the house, and they'd go months without seeing each other. Not to mention the expense of money for gas and what her mom saw as an incredibly expensive restaurant. She knew her mom would never make the time, but she would never say that. It was better to pretend like it would happen someday to keep her mom happy. "Maybe I could take you to the park in the neighborhood. They have a duck pond that I know you'd love."

"Oh, that sounds wonderful."

"You sound tired, Mom. You been sleeping okay?"

"Yes, yes, I'm fine." Both of them knew that was a lie. "I've been sleeping great." Another lie. "I just got off a double shift at the restaurant, so I'm ready to just kick back and relax, y'know?" First part was probably true, but again, both knew her mom was lying about the relaxing part. Her mother didn't even know how to relax anymore.