SIX ─ [ . : 。✿ ] tarragon

tarragon flowers represent
lasting interest . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2018

"Dude, I still can't believe you convinced Naoki to drink a full cup of expired ranch because it would impress a girl," (Y/N) laughed.

Aziza shrugged, an amused smile on her face. "What can I say? I was a bit of an evil genius in high school."

"Yeah, emphasis on evil," Naoki added, shaking his head. "Do you know how long I was washing that taste out of my mouth? Weeks. Months. Years."

"Okay, I think you're exaggerating a litt──" Silas teased, but was cut off.

Naoki continued dramatically, "Decades. Centuries, even. I've tasted it for billions and billions of years... I'll never look at ranch dressing the same." He mimed wiping tears from his eyes. "I suffered so needlessly..."

"And you know the best part?" Aziza added.

"The worst part," Naoki corrected.

"The girl he drank the expired ranch for was in on it," Aziza grinned. As the group of housemates──  aside from miserable Naoki──  laughed, she continued. "She made ranch puns at him for the rest of the school year. And we got a bunch of the kids in our grade to each give him a bottle of ranch as a graduation gift."

"I ended up with at least 200 bottles of ranch that I had no idea what to do with," Naoki added, in a playfully bitter tone.

"Aw, poor Naoki," (Y/N) cooed teasingly, and laughed.

"I can hear the mocking tone in your voice, and frankly I don't appreciate it," Naoki complained lightheartedly.

"Yeah, well," Elijah chimed in. "It's payback for all the dumbass pickup lines we've had to hear over the years."

The six housemates sat around the dining room table, enjoying the lunch of egg rolls, sweet and spicy noodles, and stir fry veggies. (Y/N) had wound up between Silas and Aziza, with Naoki directly across from her, and Elijah and Lori on either side of him.

"Alright, I know we've all said this a million times," Lori said. "But this is seriously so fucking good. I don't know how you did it."

"For real, this is amazing," Elijah agreed.

"Literally the best thing I've ever tasted," Naoki added.

(Y/N) smiled somewhat shyly, a little embarrassed by the praise. "It's really no problem," she said. "I have a lot of fun cooking. Especially with you guys hanging out in the kitchen with me."

"Maybe next time we can help you out more," Aziza suggested.

"Are you saying stirring the pasta once isn't the most help we can possibly offer?" Lori joked.