SEVENTEEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] holly

TRIGGER WARNING!
brief discussions of past childhood abuse, not specified or graphic.
this only appears at the end, in aziza's one-on-one conversation
with (y/n). proceed with caution,
and skip if you feel the need.

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

holly flowers represent protection, domestic happiness, and often carry a wish for peace . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

THURSDAY, JUNE 21, 2018

Nurse Andrea Lopez knew love when she saw it.

Her parents, though imperfect, had always been madly in love. They slow-danced in the kitchen while cooking together, and watched each other with such obvious adoration. Her dad left little love poems on sticky notes around the house every single day since they'd moved in together. And her mom kept a little journal with every detail about her husband, including his favorite ice cream flavors, and the shift in his voice when he was trying not to cry.

They loved each other deeply, thoughtfully, and consistently. And even when they did have the──  very infrequent──  lovers' spat, they always made sure to remind the other that there was nothing they could say or do to change the love they had for each other.

So when Andrea saw the way (Y/N)'s roommates looked at her, she knew exactly how they felt for her patient. The way they spent literally every moment they were allowed with her was so reminiscent of her own mom cheering on her husband's performance at the local theatre, even when everyone else knew the play was awful. Their constant assurances that it was honor to take care of the girl reminded the young nurse so completely of her dad's insistence on taking care of her mother's most hated chores. And the absolute terror they held in their eyes when they weren't sure if she was going to be okay was an exact echo of the way her mom crumbled when they got the news that Andrea's dad had terminal cancer.

Even if (Y/N) was still skeptical, Andrea knew all five of the girl's housemates were completely in love with her.

And for that reason, she was willing to bend the rules a bit. It could be seen as a violation of privacy laws for Nurse Lopez to tell the five of them about (Y/N)'s worsening struggle with the traumatic attack. Her panic attacks every night since were not something she was technically supposed to share with anyone not legally responsible for the girl, but...

Andrea had rarely met a soul as kind as (Y/N). She was so stunningly sweet and caring. And she needed and deserved to have people take care of her. Nurse Lopez trusted her roommates to do that. But they couldn't if they didn't know what was happening.