ELEVEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] yellow hyacinth

yellow hyacinth flowers
represent jealousy . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

MONDAY, JUNE 11, 2018

The weekend provided a nice break for each of the housemates. With none of them having work, they were able to relax. Even (Y/N) took it easy. She ordinarily used days off to do chores around the house, but her roommates convinced her to take the opportunity to rest. On Saturday, they had a picnic in the park, and on Sunday, they had another movie night under a pillow fort.

But, of course, the next week had to start up eventually. Monday morning came, and (Y/N) was in the process of getting ready for work.

Today was a morning day: her shift started at 9, ended at 5. She'd gotten dressed in a dark red velvety tank top and nice black slacks, put on some cute jewelry and sprayed some (favorite scent) perfume. Now that she was mostly ready, she went downstairs to cook a simple meal of breakfast burritos.

Once downstairs, she saw Aziza standing at the counter, pouring herself a cup of coffee.

"I still can't believe you willingly drink coffee like that," (Y/N) remarked upon entry.

Aziza flinched. Having been facing away from the stairs, she hadn't realized anyone had come in. But as she turned back and saw her roommate, she visibly relaxed. (Y/N) noted the fading panic in her eyes, but didn't comment on it.

Aziza chuckled. "It tastes so much better black," she replied. "Better for you, too. All the sugar and cream Lori puts is gonna get her diabetes someday, I swear."

(Y/N) shook her head in amusement. "She's pretty active, I think she'll be okay."

"Yeah, you got that right," Aziza laughed. "Girl cannot sit still for the life of her."

"Sorry if this is a bit on the nose, but do you know if she has ADHD?"

"She was never diagnosed," she answered. "Psychiatrists are weird about that with girls. But as long as she has her daily dose of caffeine, she's pretty mellow."

With a hum, (Y/N) walked to the cabinets to get out the cooking supplies. "And what's your excuse?"

Aziza sighed. "I don't sleep well."

(Y/N) glanced at her for a moment. She hesitated, wondering if asking would be a violation of boundaries with how little time they'd known each other. But she ultimately decided it would be better to ask, as long as she was careful about it. "How come?" she asked. "If you don't mind me asking, that is."

"No, it's fine," Aziza quickly assured her. But she paused before giving an answer. "Um, I guess I just have a lot of nightmares is all."

"Nightmares?" (Y/N)'s brows were furrowed in concern.