FIFTEEN ─ [ . : 。✿ ] tansy

tansy flowers are derived from the greek word for deathless. they symbolize immortality, and a declaration of war . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

FRIDAY, JUNE 15, 2018

All five of (Y/N)'s roommates were getting restless. They'd been in the waiting room for three and a half hours, and still──  no word about (Y/N)'s condition. It left a lot of room for anxiety. No, anxiety wasn't a strong enough word. They were terrified. This sweet, sweet girl that'd found her way into their lives... might not even make it. How could anyone do this to her? And how were any of them supposed to possibly begin to live without her?

"How... How bad was the wound?" Naoki asked. None of them had talked much while waiting. Other than Elijah giving a vague explanation of what happened──  as his own understanding was still pretty vague, in truth──  they'd kept mostly quiet. It wasn't that they were angry with each other. No, jealousy seemed so trivial now, when (Y/N) wasn't safe. Rather, it was the fear tearing each of them apart that kept them silent. They weren't sure they could say more than a few words without crying. But Naoki broke the silence to ask what they'd all been wondering fearfully. He looked to Elijah, standing in the corner of the room. All of them were feeling restless, it just manifested differently. Elijah refused to sit, and remained standing. Lori was pacing around. Silas was tapping his foot, and chewing on his fingernails. Aziza's leg was bouncing furiously. And Naoki couldn't stop shifting in his seat, finding any comfort impossible when he was so afraid.

Elijah turned to Naoki, but slowly looked at each of them, as he realized they were all listening intently. "It was... really, really bad... She lost so much blood, it was all over her shirt──  and she was so out of it. She kept passing out, a─and sometimes when she was conscious, she wasn't making any sense──" His voice was breaking, as he blinked back tears.

None of them had ever seen him cry before.

"She'll definitely need stitches," Naoki muttered. Even with his incomplete nursing education, his medical knowledge was pretty extensive. So he was trying to use that to analyze (Y/N)'s condition and what she might need for care later on. "A blood transfusion, too." He looked back up. "Did they get her blood type?"

Elijah nodded. "She was able to tell the EMTs while we were still in the ambulance, and they told the surgeon."

"Surgeon?" Lori's voice wavered."They're doing surgery?"

Swallowing back tears again, Elijah hummed. "Yeah, they... they're worried the knife pierced her stomach, and it may cause digestive issues."

That sucked all of the air out of the room. She'd lost a lot of blood. The wound was deep. Might've been deep enough to pierce her organs. None of this sounded like good news.