TWENTY-SIX ─ [ . : 。✿ ] lemon balm

lemon balm flowers often have healing powers according to folklore. they often represent sympathy and friendship . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

SATURDAY, JULY 7, 2018

The next morning, when (Y/N) woke up, she was immediately startled to see Elijah sitting at her bedside. She jumped back, and he smiled fondly. He seemed vaguely amused. She glared at him, not appreciating him making light of her fear after everything.

Elijah looked away, and cleared his throat. For a moment, he'd forgotten about her anger, her fear── forgot the way everything had changed. She looked adorable. He wished he could tell her that without her resenting him further for it.

"What are you doing in my room?" (Y/N) asked, voice blunt and gaze sharp as she watched him.

"You haven't been eating," Elijah observed. "It's been almost three days now, (Y/N). Please, we'll make you anything you want, we just... we can't let you starve."

"I'd prefer not to be drugged, thanks."

Elijah sighed. He knew her finding out about that would make things more complicated, but he couldn't help but stand by the decision nonetheless. "It wasn't anything bad. I promise we would never ever hurt you." He reached to stroke her hair, but she moved away. He cleared his throat, and tried not to make the overwhelming sadness he felt at her response too obvious. "After the attack, you weren't taking care of yourself. You wouldn't let us help. And Naoki went to check on you one night, and saw you sleeping with a knife..."

"I wasn't──  hurting myself... or anything like that," (Y/N) said. She felt a reluctant need to reassure him of that. If nothing else so they wouldn't attempt to coddle her further.

He nodded. "We figured as much──  or, hoped, at least." It was stressful enough trying to protect her from everyone else. They didn't want to have to add herself to the list. "But we could tell you were dealing with a lot of anxiety. And you wouldn't take a break, or let us help, so..."

"So you drugged me?"

"Just a few pills for anxiety," Elijah said, as if that made it any better. "Naoki could tell you more, he got them for us. But we just wanted to keep you calm."

"Well, I don't know if you're aware, but being held captive doesn't help with the whole 'calm' goal," (Y/N) retorted bitterly.

Elijah exhaled, and nodded. "I know..."

That surprised her. They all seemed very delusional in their belief that this was her for her benefit. But of course...

"It won't be this way forever," he continued. "Once we prove we won't hurt you, you'll start to feel calmer. We just want to protect you, sweetheart, really. And to do that, we have to keep you here. Where no one can hurt you ever again."