TWENTY-EIGHT ─ [ . : 。✿ ] butterfly weed

butterfly weed flowers can represent grief or closure, and have often been used to carry the message: let me go . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚  * . : 。 ✿ *

MONDAY, JULY 9, 2018

(Y/N) stumbled back, eyes wide. With every step back she took, each of her captors took 2 more── slowly, as if worried any sudden movement would send her sprinting out of their reach. "Wha... What did you do?" She whispered, gaze frozen on Elijah's blood-soaked one with disbelief and terror.

"S─Sweetheart, stay calm..." Silas pleaded. "You're safe, we promise."

"What did you do?!" She repeated, louder this time.

Elijah came much closer, taking her hands in his. Too paralyzed with fear and shock to move, she only looked up at him with wide, teary eyes. "I protected you," he finally said. "The only thing we want to do... is protect you." Each word was uttered slowly and carefully. None of them were sure how hard (Y/N) would take this, but they were all prepared for the worst. Of course, ideally she'd never have found out, but now that she had, they were prepared to do anything to keep her safe and stable.

(Y/N) looked to the others, gaze darting around wildly. "What is he talking about?" She demanded. "What did he do? Tell me──" She looked back to Elijah, tried to rip her hands from his gentle grip, but he held her firmly in place. "Tell me what you did."

"We found the man who stabbed you," Elijah said. He planted gentle kisses on her knuckles, looking at her with the softest of gazes. "Baby, he deserved to die for what he did to you. He hurt you so bad, made you so scared..." How could anyone seem so gentle even with all that blood on him? How could he still, even now, look so sweet when he'd done something so awful. "So I waited for him to get out of work, pulled him into an alley, and I killed him."

The room began spinning.

Aziza came up to the left of (Y/N), watching her with care and worry. "I'm sorry you had to see this."

"But not sorry you did it?" the girl spat, feeling her heart rate spike as anxiety and anger and loneliness and every single feeling she'd been pushing back crawled up her throat and choked her.

"Fuck no!" Elijah scoffed without thinking. "He──!"

On his other side, Naoki smacked him. Elijah glared at him, but Naoki gestured meaningfully towards (Y/N) and he went quiet.

"I have to get out of here..." She muttered, chest rising and falling with each quickening breath.

"Darling, please──" Lori was panicked herself, tears filling her doe green eyes.

Finally, (Y/N) was able to free her hands from Elijah's. "I have to get out," she said again, her voice growing louder. "You── You're all fucking crazy, I── I can't do this, I can't── I── I have to get out!" She backed away, hand over her pounding heart. This was too much. It was all too much. Before she even knew what was happening, she bolted. Distantly, she heard muttered swears, rushed footsteps, but it was all far away. The room seemed to spin, faster and faster. She raced towards the living room, felt hands reach for her, but she scrambled to the side. All she could hear was her own thundering heartbeat. All she could see was the blood. She grabbed a hefty plant pot on a little table by the window, and used it to smash the glass. She frantically tried to crawl through, and that was when Silas caught up to her. He pulled her back, saying something she couldn't decipher in a voice that matched the fear that was she herself was drowning in. She heard her own voice cry out before the pain registered, and stumbled to the floor, Silas' arms still wrapped around her, holding her close. She saw her own arm with a huge gash, cut from the glass of the window. All the while, the room kept spinning.