FIVE ─ [ . : 。✿ ] yellow lily

yellow lily flowers represent joy
and lightheartedness . . .

*

*. : 。✿ * ゚ * .: 。 ✿ * ゚ * . : 。 ✿ *

SUNDAY, JUNE 3, 2018

"You're a good dancer, y'know that?"

(Y/N)'s words broke Elijah from this thoughts, much to his relief. These feelings were strange, unfamiliar, and were happening much too soon for his liking. Though what he felt for her now was far from love── and miles away from the all-consuming devotion he would soon hold for her── the fondness she brought out in him frightened him. He'd never really been interested in anyone. Sure, he'd been on dates before, but nothing serious. He'd never really liked anyone. Not the way he was starting to like her.

Elijah chuckled in a way he hoped didn't sound as nervous as he felt. "Am I?"

She nodded. "Yeah, you've got good rhythm. You moved naturally with the music."

"Thanks, so are you," he said. "Honestly, with how clumsy you seem── or, sorry, 'balance-challenged'──" They both chuckled at that. "I was honestly expecting you to stumble and crush my feet a hundred times."

"Would you have liked me to?" (Y/N) teased. "I can try again."

"No, that's okay," he said quickly.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't wanna disappoint you," she laughed.

"It was a pleasant surprise," Elijah assured her with a grin. 'And honestly, it feels like there's not much you could do to disappoint me...' He shook his head. 'God, where are all these thoughts coming from? This is so weird.'

It was then (Y/N)'s stomach began grumbling, making its demand for food heard.

"Guess I should eat something, huh?" She chuckled. "Do you feel like anything? I could make some for you, too, if you'd like."

Elijah hesitated. A part of him wanted to keep his distance. Surely that would make these feelings go away, right? But, try as he might, he couldn't make himself say no. He wanted to spend more time with her. Wanted to get to know her better. He convinced himself that maybe if he did, his feelings would change. Maybe the more he got to know her, the more platonic these feelings would become.

It was definitely illogical. He knew that. But that didn't stop him from agreeing. "Yeah, actually, that sounds great," he said. "I think it's too late for breakfast at this point, so maybe some Chinese?"

(Y/N) hummed. Her eyebrows scrunched up together, very slightly, as she silently went over any Chinese recipes she knew. "I know this great homemade egg roll recipe," she said thoughtfully. "I could probably pull that together pretty easy. Maybe have some noodles and stir fry on the side...?"