18.The Proposal

Don't forget to vote and comment after  reading ✨

~

It was nearly 7 in the evening,

Karan and aarush reached preeta's house and knocked.Preeta instantly opened the door as she was waiting for them.

"Mumma dekho,badi mom aur bade papa ne mujhe ye dilaya"aarush went towards her and showed her the big car he excitedly.

Preeta smiled at him and looked at karan.He smiled faintly and looked at aarush who was removing the cover of the car.

"Aaru bye"karan said waving at him with slight smile.

Preeta gulped and looked at him.She stood silent not knowing what to say.She wanted to call him inside but she didn't have enough courage to call him.

"Papa aap hamare saath yahi raho Aaj"aarush got up and came towards him sadly.

"No baby!meine apse kaha tha na,toh nahi aa sakta,you are a good boy right..mamma ko tang kare bina so Jana okay!"Karan bent to his level and informed him.

"Nahi aap raho yahi"he again insisted on making a crybaby face.

"Agar aaj rahunga toh,kal aapse nahi mil sakta..Is it okay for you?"karan asked him.Aarush's face fell listening to him and he looked at preeta plucking his lower lip.

"Mumma papa se kaho ki yahi rahe"Aarush held her hand and asked her.

Preeta looked at him then at karan nervously.She didn't know what to say,how to stop him.

"Aaru nahi,agar aap mujhe nahi Jane denge toh mein kal nahi aaunga"karan again informed him sadly.

"Tum aaj ruk sakte ho yahi.. aarush ke liye"preeta spoke lowly and looked down to face aarush.

Karan chuckled sadly and looked up to her.

"Mein tumhare saath tabhi rahunga,jab tum mujhe apni zindagi mein ane ko kahogi,otherwise I won't disturb you..not anymore"karan replied to her gloomily.

Whereas preeta looked away from him "it's the 10th day tomorrow,I think tumhe apna promise yaad hoga..it's good agar tum aarush ke saath rahoge" She said what she wanted to say.

Karan shook his head in no and smiled faintly.

"I know,and the decision is all yours, mein Aarush ke saath ye do din nahi saari zindagi rehna chahta hu"karan stated and turned to go.

Preeta didn't reply and picked aarush in her arms.

"Papa ruk jao"aarush called him but karan went without looking back and wiped his lone tear that rolled till his cheek.

"Aaru,woh kal aa jayenge now come tum thak gaye honge"preeta said to him and took him inside closing the door.

She wanted to stop him but it would have worsened and the motive she kept would have ruined.

She didn't want to get attached to him more.It would destroy her once again.She was not ready to go to him to face that again,what all she went through years ago.

She wasn't ready to take that away from her mind.She had decided that she will let him go tommorow and everything will be like before.

~

The 10th day,

As usual karan picked up aarush and mishti from his school and took him to their house.

He was mingled with them happily as sherlyn also loved him much and pampered him like Mishti.

"Bhabhi agar preeta nahi mani toh"karan asked with a fear in his heart.