1

It was like it all happened so fast and the world came down all at once. One moment, there was a joyful celebration getting ready to happen at the Lanling Jin Sect, and the next moment, everything changed.

"Urgent New!" A man yelled running into Glamour Hall, "Urgent News!"

"What is it?" Lianfang Zun asked.

"The Ghost General," he said catching his breath, "The Ghost General killed people! He lost control and killed Zixun and Zixuan!"

At that moment, the who room was silent. Only the sound of a little rattle drum hitting the floor was heard and a soft sob. Lianfang Zun glanced at Madam Jiang Yanli. He was smiling internally but showed his sympathies towards her.

He then looked to Zewu Jun, "Er-Ge?" He asked.

Zewu Jun turned to his brother Hanguang Jun who had just bowed to him, "just be careful," Zewu Jun said to him.

"Mnn," Hanguang Jun responded with a nod and left without saying anything.

Jiang Wanyin and Zewu Jun had to meet with other sect leaders and officials to discuss this issue. Jiang Wanyin didn't want to leave his sister alone though, so he helped her to her resting quarters first and had a couple servants sit with her. Madam Jin soon joined her and mourned the loss of Jin Zixuan with Jiang Yanli.

A'Xian, I don't blame you, but what happened? Something happened? My A'Xian!?!? Where are you right now?!

Jiang Yanli was devastated. As much as she missed pained for Jin Zixuan, she was scared for her Shidi. Wei Wuxian was someone she truly cared about, and he had little to know one left in his corner. She wanted Wei Wuxian back no matter what it was that happened. She wanted her brother to be okay, but she knew he was having a hard time after this sudden development.

Later on, she heard about the plans to go after Wei Wuxian. Yanli was now sure, that Wei Wuxian might end up dead. She was scared to lose him. She even left her little infant son in the care of Madam Jin and a couple servants, as she needed to find Wei Wuxian before anyone else did.

"Madam Jiang?!" Lianfang Zun called as she enter the Glamour hall.

"Lianfang Zun, what is going to happen to Wei Wuxian?" Yanli asked.

"There is a siege planned," Lianfang Zun replied, "everyone is meeting at Nightless City first for a memorial service."

"Lianfang Zun, you have to try and give Wei Wuxian a chance, please do not let him die," Yanli begged.

"I am afraid I cannot help you," Lianfang Zun told her, "I am already having to deal with my own problems with my father. Maybe you could try to find Wei Wuxian before it's too late but be careful."

Jiang Yanli stormed out of Glamour Hall with a scoff and made her way to Nightless City as fast as she could. By the time she arrived, a full on war was brewing out. Her heart broke, all these greedy sect members and leaders were after one man. One man and his little spiritual tool. Jiang Yanli wished she could do someone more, anything more.

"A'Xian?!" She called out and stupidly ran into the mix of resentful clouds of smoke and power hungry cultivators swinging swords every which way.

"A'Cheng?!...A'Xian!?"

"A'Xian? Where are you?!"

"Shijie?!"

Jiang Yanli looked everywhere for the one who called her. She was frantically trying to find him, until she felt a sharp pain cut across her back.

"Jie!" Jiang Wanyin yelled.

Jiang Yanli collapsed to the ground, blood pouring out of her mouth, and her back felt like pins and needles stabbing her a thousand times a second. Jiang Wanyin got to her first and held her in his arms. Wei Wuxian was then beside them.

"Didn't you say you could control them?!" Jiang Wanyin snapped.

"It's not me!" Wei Wuxian yelled, "I don't know why they won't listen to me."

"XianXian?" Yanli called out.

"Shijie?" Wei Wuxian said taking her hand, "I'm here Shijie."

"My XianXian," Yanli said as she placed a hand on his face, "I want you to know this—" Yanli stopped what she was saying as she saw a glint in her eye. She shoved Wei Wuxian out of the way, and a sword plunged her into her chest.

Jiang Yanli soon found her spirit standing outside of her body. Seeing both of her brothers crying over her. Jiang Wanyin shoving Wei Wuxian away from them both telling him it was his fault. Jiang Yanli saw the last bit of light leave Wei Wuxian's eyes. She watched as he flew to the roof of the Scorching Sun Palace, tossed the Yin Hu Fu into the air, destroyed it, and jumped to the nearby cliff. Jiang Yanli went to him immediately. Even though he could not hear her, she begged for him not to do it. She then saw a man in white robes, in the corner of her eye.

Hanguang Jun?

"Wei Ying, come back to me," Lan Wangji said to him.

A'Xian, listen to him. You still have him! He still believes in you!

Wei Wuxian let tears fall as he stepped back and fell backwards. Jiang Yanli screamed out but then saw Hanguang Jun Jump several feet and catch him before he fell too far.

"Lan Zhan, let me go," Wei Wuxian said.

Don't let him go!

Yanli was screaming not to let him go but he saw that the hand that held onto Wei Wuxian, was heavily injured. Hanguang Jun still refused to let him go though. Jiang Wanyin came stalking forward. He was angry, sad, and confused.

A'Cheng, what are you doing?!

"Wei Wuxian!" Jiang Wanyin yelled as he he held his sword ready to stab him, "go to hell!"

No!

Jiang Wanyin stabbed the edge of the cliff. Wei Wuxian saw a dilemma. If the rock cracked just right, all three would fall. So he yanked his hand away and fell to the depths below.

"Wei Ying!?" Hanguang Jun yelled.

Jiang Yanli shook her head. She was in shock. She sacrificed her life for her Shidi only for him to die anyway. And her Didi, Jiang Wanyin, pushed him to it. She saw hope for one moment with Hanguang Jun. She saw a few times that Wei Wuxian had such an interest in him, and now that did not matter.

Jiang Yanli wished for nothing more than for a second chance. She would take the opportunity to really try and cultivate properly. She would make sure that Wei Wuxian would not die, she would make sure that her mother not a bitch to him. She wanted to do whatever it took to make things right.

So, fate decided to help her. Time went backwards, back to just before Wei Wuxian was brought to Lotus Pier and Jiang Yanli had just developed her golden core. She has all the knowledge of what happened in her past life, and now she has to make sure it does not repeat itself.

She was determined to do just that.