46

((Sensitive topics include violence, post-trauma, depression and anxiety. Other mental health issues may also be included in this chapter. Please read with caution))
.
.
.
______________

Wei Wuxian couldn't sleep much that night. His mind was plagued with the sexual assault he suffered from. He felt like throwing up again, so he went to the bathroom and did just that. He can't forget about it. He never imagined something so vulgar would happen to him and now he has to try and get through it. He was afraid of it happening again. He feared that any intimate act he would do with Wangji, he would panic and ruin everything.

He sat in the bathroom almost the entire night. He eventually got up off the floor and dressed for the day before going to his bed and meditated until the others woke up. His meditation did not help though, as he just curled his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around his legs before shoving his face in them. He just silently sobbed the rest of the night.

Wangji and Xichen were the first to wake. Jiang Cheng was still asleep as he was not accustomed to the Lan Sect internal clock. The two brothers looked at Wuxian over on his bad, and knew that he was hurting. Wangji slowly got up and went over to him.

"Wei Ying," Wangji said in a whisper.

Wei Wuxian lifted his head slowly and looked at him and Xichen, "I'm sorry, I couldn't sleep. Did I wake you?"

"No, it is our normal routine time for Wangji and I to wake," Xichen said, "and do not apologize for what happened. It is not your fault."

"I can still feel it, I keep heaving and gagging, and I am afraid if I even try to let Lan Zhan touch me in such a way, I will panic," Wuxian told them.

"It only just happened," Wangji said, "and I will not fault you for being that way. I understand. I will not force you or be pushy with you. I will let you adjust at your own pace, just do not push me away. I am sorry that it happened and I wish that it didn't. Wen Ruohan will pay for what he did."

Wuxian nodded, "you should get dressed for the day. Chances are, Wen disciples will start coming to wake us soon," Wuxian told them.

Xichen went to go dress first and kept Wei Wuxian company until Wangji returned. Xichen was also kind enough to wake Jiang Cheng. After Jiang Cheng got dressed, he went to sit with Wuxian for a bit.

"Hey Ge," he said.

"Didi," Wuxian said as Jiang Cheng pulled him into a hug.

"I am here, so is Xichen and Wangji," he said.

Wei Wuxian sighed and nodded as he sat up, "we are reciting today right?" He asked.

"Yes," Wangji replied.

"I will behave this time," Wuxian said.

Wangji nodded. Wei Wuxian stood up and walked over to Wangji and pulled him into a hug, "I love you," he whispered.

"And I love you too, Wei Ying," Wangji replied as he hugged him back.

A Wen disciple banged on the door, "open up, and get your breakfast!" He yelled.

Wei Wuxian jumped in Wangji's arms. Xichen went to get it and then the four of them ate. Wei Wuxian was having a hard time wanting to eat anything. Soon Wen Chao and Wen Xu came to their room and demanded for Wei Wuxian.

"We are here because Wei Wuxian needs to be punished," Wen Xu said.

"Over my dead body," Jiang Cheng scowled.

"He burned Wen Ruohan's face, leaving third degree burns. Wei Wuxian has to be punished for it," Wen Chao said.

"It was out of self-defense," Wei Wuxian said.

"It does not matter, you harmed Xiandu, therefore, you have to pay the price," Wen Chao said.

Soon enough, several disciples stormed in and held back Xichen, Wangji, and Jiang Cheng. Wei Wuxian was then grabbed by the hair and held down. Wang Lingjiao soon entered with her branding iron in hand. She shoved Wei Wuxian's robes aside and pressed the iron to his chest. Wei Wuxian closed his eyes trying to fight off the pain. His eyes opened and the began to glow red. His entire body began to glow, and like a flash, the Wens within the room were incinerated, turning to ash.

Wei Wuxian came back to his conscious state, only to feel extremely tired, "they are all dead...what did I just do? The iron did not leave a scar?"

"I think it's self-defense," Xichen said, "Wen Ruohan's sons are both dead, and all that is left is Wen Zhuliu. Did you really burn Wen Ruohan?"

Wei Wuxian nodded and soon couldn't keep himself from sitting up, "I'm exhausted," he said.

Lan Wangji immediately grabbed him and picked him up, "should we gather everyone and leave here? The camp is in Qinghe?" He asked.

Xichen nodded, "go, I will be behind you, Wei Wuxian needs to be looked at by a healer."

Wangji nodded and flew away. Jiang Cheng stayed behind to help get the rest of the disciples out safely. Lan Wangji made it to Qinghe and ran into Yanli.

"What happened?" Yanli asked.

"He needs Wen Qing, I will tell you when we are somewhere private," Wangji told her.

Yanli nodded and took them to a tent and went to get a healer. Wen Qing and her Dafan Wen Family were safe here with them as she was courting Jiang Cheng. Wen Qing immediately came when she heard Wei Wuxian needed to see a healer.

"So what happened?" Wen Qing asked.

Wangji placed a privacy barrier over the tent before he spoke, "he was sexually assaulted by Wen Ruohan, and then he used a lot of energy just now out of an act of self-defense. He incinerated at least a dozen men. Three of them were Wen Chao, Wen Xu, and Wang Lingjiao. He used up a lot of energy. He needs to be looked at. Since his assault, he hasn't been able to keep food down."

"Did he...say what Wen Ruohan did?" Wen Qing asked.

"He forced himself into Wei Ying's mouth, and released in his mouth. He then put Wuxian into his mouth....apparently he burned Wen Ruohan to get away," Wangji told her.

"He will be traumatized for a while," Wen Qing said, "I can give him something that will hopefully help him keep his nutrients as he can't keep food down. I can also suggest mood stabilizers, but that is his decision. If you two were married, you could make the decision for him, unless his adopted parents approve of it."

"I will go speak with them privately about it, and I will let you know," Yanli said and left.

"How are you holding up?" Wen Qing asked.

"I'm trying, but it's hard when I feel like I cannot do much for him," Wangji said.

"Being there for support will be very helpful," Wen Qing said, "he needs to know that people are there to help him when he needs it."

"Thank you," Wangji said, "his energy?"

"He should be okay after some rest," Wen Qing said, "you should rest as well."

Wangji nodded and watched Wen Qing leave. Wangji then carefully laid down beside Wuxian and transferred some energy to him. He didn't send a lot as he knows that Wuxian would yell at him if he went overboard. After he was done, he just snuggled up with him for a while.