36

As promised, Wei Wuxian met up with Xichen and Wangji at the training grounds for a spar. When the news got out that Wei Wuxian was going against them both at once, the Jiang's who came for the last week to talk about plans for the future events, and Lan Qiren were interested in watching. So Madam Yu, Jiang Fengmian, Jiang Cheng, Yanli, and Lan Qiren were all at the field ready to watch it all happen. Wen Qing and Wen Ning decided to watch, especially if someone got hurt and Wen Qing's medical skills were to be needed.

"I want to see if the Twin Jades are really worthy of their title," Wei Wuxian said taking Suibian out of the sheathe.

Wangji had Bichen at the ready, and Xichen with Shuoyue, they were both excited, but did not show it, "we won't go easy on you either," Xichen said.

"Good, I like a challenge," Wuxian said, "now, ladies first...I mean Lan's."

Xichen nodded not caring about his teasing remarks. Xichen made the first move, only for Wuxian to dodge and using Suibian's sheathe, blocking another attack from Bichen. Wei Wuxian had some ideas planned in his head. If he wanted to win, he had to one fumble first as it will take a lot of work to defeat them both at same time.

Wei Wuxian had a lot of energy, his agility and speed were evidence of that. Thinking that they both knew the Yunmeng sword style, Wangji and Xichen had this handled, but then Wei Wuxian was using moves that they never saw before. Of at the sidelines, Jiang Fengmian was quite intrigued seeing that as well.

"What sword style is he using? It looks nothing like ours?" Madam Yu asked.

"I'm not sure, but it's got good formatting and techniques. It seems more suitable for someone like A'Xian," Jiang Fengmian answered.

"I have to say, for Wei Wuxian to last this long against two very skilled fighters, is impressive, even if they are my nephews," Lan Qiren said.

"He was tested and was ranked fourth, your nephews are second and first," Jiang Fengmian said.

"Who's the third?" Jiang Cheng asked.

"I believe it's Jin Zixuan," Madam Yu replied, "but now I am wondering just how much Wei Wuxian is downplaying his skills."

"If that is the case, why downplay them?" Yanli asked.

"He was tested before we announced his official adoption, maybe he didn't feel like he should rank above anyone important," Jiang Fengmian said, "knowing his past, he always hid his talents because he was always insulted for his parents' background."

"We should have him tested again, and this time, tell him it is because he is an heir," Madam Yu said, "he is my son just as much as Jiang Cheng is and Yanli as my daughter."

"I agree," Jiang Fengmian said and looked at Lan Qiren, "what would you think?"

"I would have him retested," Lan Qiren said, "look."

When they turned their attention to the spar, they saw that Wei Wuxian had successfully disarmed Lan Xichen. So all that was left was Wangji and Wuxian. Lan Xichen bowed to the two before walking over to the others.

"That was fun, and very impressive," Lan Xichen said, "if he can disarm me, how is he ranked under me?"

"We were just talking about having him re-evaluated," Lan Qiren said, "what would be your thoughts on that?"

"I think it would be great," Xichen said, "I would be perfectly fine if he ranks over me. He deserves it. He is a skilled cultivator and he is extremely talented."

"Well, he still has to finish the spar here," Jiang Fengmian said, "we can discuss this again later. He may decline."

"I would not be surprised if he does," Xichen said and focused back to Wangji and Wuxian's spar.

"Getting tired, Hanguang Jun?" Wuxian asked.

"No," Wangji said and lunged forward.

Wei Wuxian jumped up and flipped over Wangji, landing behind him. With a clash, Suibian and Bichen collided. Wuxian gave Wangji a flirtatious smile as he slid his hand down Wangji's arm and managed to grab Bichen, taking it right out of his hand. Wei Wuxian spun back a couple places holding Suibian and Bichen in an X form.

"Now what?" Wuxian asked.

Lan Wangji smiled and bowed to him, "had a good fight with my Bunny," he said.

Wei Wuxian giggled as he handed Bichen back to Wangji. He then sheathed Suibian and bowed back to him, "it was an honor to fight you," he said and turned to Xichen, "as well as you, Zewu Jun."

"That was impressive," Xichen said bowing, "I'm happy to take my loss against a skilled opponent such as you."

Wei Wuxian blushed, "Ah, no need to flatter me," he said.

"A'Xian, while we were watching, we have not ever taught you some of the moves you used," Jiang Fengmian said, "where did you learn them from?"

"I, created them on my own," Wei Wuxian answered.

"Your own style?" Lan Qiren asked, "how old are you again?"

"Sixteen," Wuxian replied.

"You are sixteen and you created your own sword style. It takes a cultivator years to learn those types of skills," Lan Qiren said.

"I have nothing against Yunmeng' style, but it doesn't work well with Suibian and me. Suibian is light and word well with speed and agility," Wei Wuxian said, "I used some of Yunmeng's techniques to make new ones for myself. I don't show them off as I don't want people to think differently of me."

"You are a great cultivator, A'Xian," Xichen said, "you have mastered so many skills and you do not flaunt them or show them off. I feel like you undervalue yourself too much."

"I am not trying to," Wei Wuxian said.

Yanli felt this conversation was getting Wei Wuxian a bit agitated, so she decided to change the conversation, "well, who is hungry after all that sparring? Why don't I go make my famous Lotus Roots and Pork Ribs for everyone."

"A'Jie, would you like help?" Wuxian asked.

"Of course," She said, "there are a lot of mouths to feed, I need to make a big pot."

Wei Wuxian nodded and went with her to the kitchen to help her. He helped her, after washing his hands, by cutting vegetables and the lotus roots. Yanli needed to start getting the broth simmering. While they were in the kitchen cooking, everyone else was in the dining hall conversing with each other while waited. Wangji managed to sneak away and ended up helping Yanli and Wuxian in the kitchen.