29

Back at the Jingshi, Wangji was holding Wuxian in his arms after he woke up from his nap. Wuxian reached up and pulled Wangji in for a kiss. Their lips together was a feeling that they both could just get lost in. The moment their lips connect it's the tender soft texture, the sweet taste, and the sudden adrenaline rush that comes with it that rushes through their veins. The two didn't know how they could love such an intense sensation.

Wangji's left arm looped around Wuxian's waist, having his hand resting against his body. His right hand held the back of Wuxian's head, occasionally tangling into his hair. Wuxian's warms were around Wangji's neck, occasionally having a hand come out and held Wangji's face just under his jaw. Wangji ended the kiss with a simple little bite of Wuxian's bottom lip.

Wuxian giggled, "again with the lip biting," he said.

"I like it," Wangji said, "my lips."

"They are actually my lips but I am happy to share them with you," Wuxian said.

Wangji chuckled and placed another kiss on Wuxian's cheek, "are you feeling a bit more refreshed after your nap?"

"Very much so," Wuxian replied, "I saw that A'Jie and Xichen-Ge walked out. Can I show you what I made and then I can show them later?"

"Mnn, show me," Wangji said, "I want to be the first to see Wei Ying's new inventions."

Wuxian nodded, "alight, as my fiancé, you have that right. You shall know before anyone else...unless it's a surprise for you specifically," Wuxian said.

Wangji kissed Wuxian's lips, "sealed with a kiss, no take backs."

Wuxian laughed, "come," he said getting up and pulled Wangji over to his desk where his new talismans and charms were.

Wuxian showed and explained each one to Wangji. He showed Wangji the core protection charm by placing it on Wangji, and Wangji placed one Wuxian. He showed Wangji the talisman that can produce a duplicate of a weapon but it was a fake. So he made a second Suibian, only it didn't have the spirit that Wuxian's real sword had. It would be useful for the indoctrination at the Wen Sect when they take the swords away. They can hide their real swords in their Qiankun rings.

He then showed Wangji his other projects. In the middle of showing him, Xichen and Yanli had returned. Wuxian was happy to reexplain everything, placing a core protection charm on them, and teaching it to them so they can apply it to anyone they like. Yanli and Wuxian were determined to get their parents and Jiang Cheng to use it.

"I cannot believe you made all these things A'Xian," Yanli said, "the rings and the fake weapons charms are impressive. Even the core protection."

"Ahh, you don't need to flatter me too much. I just like making things," Wuxian said, "it's a way for me to have my head focus on one thing at a time for once."

"It's still impressive...but I will have to beat you again for not taking care of your other needs," Yanli told him.

"Lan Zhan was kind enough to help me...I've been thanking him nonstop for a while now," Wuxian said and looked at his hands in his lap, "I haven't had someone put so much effort into doing something like that for me before."

Yanli sighed, "XianXian, will you look at me?" She asked.

Wuxian looked up.

"I only meant to say that because we care for your health too. I know very well that Wangji will take good care of you," She told him.

Wuxian nodded, "um, well that was everything I wanted to show you."

"A'Li and I have talked about some things as well," Xichen said, "first, we brought up the idea of maybe speaking with Wen Qing. A'Li said that her parents have arranged places for the Dafans to stay so they are safe during the war."

Wuxian blinked a couple times, "they really are doing that?" He asked a bit surprised.

"Yes," Yanli replied, "plus we thought with the four of us knowing the past, Wen Qing might believe us more...though we are not sure if she remembers anything or if Wen Ning does at all."

"Honestly, a part of me doesn't want them to remember," Wuxian said, "they suffered from a lot back then."

"I know, but we are determined to help her this time, and properly," Xichen said.

"I remember in the past Jiang Cheng gained some interest in Wen Qing...I wonder if he still does," Wuxian pointed out.

"Did he really?" Yanli asked.

"I remember Jiang Cheng carrying a comb around for a while, but then I saw Wen Qing carrying that same comb much later," Wuxian said, "when Jiang Cheng came to the mounds when I took the Wen's there. Wen Qing gave the comb back."

Yanli and Xichen exchanged a few looks, "interesting," Xichen said.

"Since you two were so keen on getting Lan Zhan and I back together, it shouldn't be a problem for you two with them," Wuxian said with a smirk on his face.

"What makes you say such a thing?" Xichen asked.

"You told me to make friends with Wei Ying, and that he was special to me," Wangji said, "I think that is proof enough."

"Alright, alright," Yanli said, "you two should be happy, you are together again."

"We are," Wuxian said hugging Wangji.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded.

"So, you had another thing to bring up," Wuxian added.

"A'Li wrote to her parents and I spoke with Shufu. We are planning on going to find the iron earlier then we originally planned. Since you two and A'Li have already taken lectures before, we thought it would be best to go ahead then. It will take some time to plan out Xuanwu I'm sure," Xichen said.

"It will, and I am wondering if we can kill it before getting the sword from him," Wuxian thought.

"We can try," Wangji said.

"Well, if you want to go early, I am okay with that. We can get everything done without much notice from the Wen Sect," Wuxian said.

"Plus with the owl gone, we will not be tracked," Xichen said.

Wuxian nodded, "since it's a bit late, why don't we try to speak with Wen Qing tomorrow, and then we can set up plans to head out," Wuxian suggested.

"Sounds like a plan to me," Yanli said.

"All I ask, even though you are a good fighter and cultivator this time around, please be careful, A'Jie," Wuxian said, "I don't want to lose you again."

Yanli got up and walked over to him and knelt down, "I promise you, I will be careful. With you three next to me, I'm sure my back is covered. Plus, A'Huan won't let anything happen to me."

Wuxian looked at Xichen. Lan Xichen nodded, "I promise I will do whatever I can to protect her," He said.

"Since I said I will be careful, you have to do the same," Yanli told him.

"I will, plus with Lan Zhan around me, I do not think I have to worry about that," Wuxian pointed out.

"I will protect Wei Ying," Wangji said in determination, "and I promise to be careful too."

"We all will make a vow to be safe while we are on this journey," Xichen said. They all nodded in agreement.