27

Lan Wangji and Wei Wuxian were spending some time in the library looking for books on different cultivation techniques and methods. Lan Xichen decided to come help them. Since Yanli was in her class she would have to join them afterwards. Since Wei Wuxian had picked up Chenqing again, he looked more into music theory and cultivating it. As Wuxian was reading, he saw there was a lot of interesting music pieces that had really good cleansing effects, even some pieces have effects on natural elements around him.

"Wa!" Wuxian said happily as he seemed so intrigued.

"What?" Wangji asked.

"This book here," Wuxian said and moved over by him and Xichen, showing them the book, "the music in this book, there is such good effects that they can do. Like this one can control the water, and manipulate it. There is even something on manipulating metal."

Lan Xichen looked at the book and he too, found this interesting, "I bet if the three of us learned these, the resentful energy won't be an issue. We can potentially use it to stop Wen Ruohan," he said.

Wangji nodded, "since it's the only book, is there a way to share it evenly?"

"We can find a time each day to practice the music," Wuxian suggested, "but I do have a talisman that can copy text from a book and transfer it to another piece of parchment. It took me about a year to perfect it. It works well when I find something of interest to learn but cannot keep the book, so the talisman helps with that. If there are music pieces we like, I can give you some of the talisman to make copies of the music. Saves time from writing it all down."

Lan Wangji's lips curved into a slight smile, "has anyone ever told you that you are extremely smart?" He asked.

Wuxian blushed, "a couple people, but I tend to deny it."

"Well, it's true," Wangji told him.

"We can still meet to practice the music pieces we select but we should make copies so that we can practice on our own as well," Xichen suggested.

"Sure," Wuxian said, "Um...do either of you have blank talisman paper?"

Lan Xichen nodded and stood up. He went over to a place in the library and collected a handful of blank papers to make talismans, "can you teach us to make them so we can help you?" Xichen asked.

Wuxian nodded. He then wrote out the markings on a blank sheet and set it in front of them, "it's important to pay attention to the strokes you make, otherwise you'll cause it to react differently," Wuxian explained.

Xichen and Wangji nodded as they copied the strokes very carefully. Wuxian then showed them how the talisman worked. He sent a tiny amount of spiritual energy to it and hovered it over a page of the music book. He then placed the talisman on top of a piece of fresh parchment and with another small amount of energy, the talisman copied it onto the page. Wuxian showed that the talisman can be used up to five times before having to make a new one. So they took scans of the music they wanted and made copies. In the end they each had several pages.

"Thank you A'Xian," Xichen said, "this was impressive."

"It's not a problem," Wuxian said shyly.

"Since we used a good portion of our energy, we should clean up and go get something to eat. As we said we would have Yanli join us after lunch," Xichen said.

Wangji and Wuxian nodded. The three then cleaned up and went to go eat lunch. As they were eating Wuxian started thinking of some things that could help them later. He thought about wanting to try and find a way to protect a golden core to be crushed. He then thought about some other things, such as they have all these new things they are learning and finding, and Wuxian found carrying a Qiankun pouch was a bit much, plus they have a limited capacity. Right after eating Wuxian was the first one back at the library.