16

Wei Wuxian skipped on over to the library as he was told that Lan Xichen's brother would potentially be here. As soon as he approached the library entrance, he froze on the spot. His eyes glued to the pristine man in white, sitting in the library across from the entrance. Wei Wuxian had never seen such a beautiful person like this before. Seeing as Lan Xichen and Yanli wanted him to try and make friends with this pristine white jade, he was all the more excited.

"Excuse me," Wuxian said calmly as he entered.

Lan Wangji looked up from his book to see Wei Wuxian in front of him just a couple steps away. Dressed in his purple Yunmeng robes, Wei Wuxian's beauty and his smile stuck out like a sore thumb. Lan Wangji had been told about some of this man's past life and how he had a huge impact on Wangji's life. Seeing Wuxian in front of him now, he was starting to see why.

"Mnn," Wangji nodded in response.

"I was actually looking for you...your Zewu Jun's brother, correct?" He asked.

Wangji nodded, "correct."

"Well, my brother, sister and him are going into two for lunch and I came to ask if you wanted to join us," Wuxian told him, "I would love it if you would."

Lan Wangji's ears were already turning pink, "Mnn," he nodded, "when and where will we meet?"

"Front gate in twenty minutes," Wuxian answered, "do you need help with anything?"

"No, I just have the book," Wangji replied.

"You like to read?" Wuxian asked.

"Yes," Wangji nodded.

"For me it depends on the book. It is hard for me to focus on something for a long period of time...which is why lectures are always so difficult for me," Wuxian explained, "but if it is a subject that interests me, I'm all in on paying attention."

Lan Wangji nodded as he was listening to Wuxian talk.

"You don't say much," Wuxian said, "but that's okay, I have enough to say for the both of us...nice sword."

Wangji nodded as he collected it and followed Wuxian out, "what is it's name?"

"Bichen," Wangji answered.

"That's nice," he said and showed Wangji his sword, "this is my sword's name."

Lan Wangji raised a brow, "Suibian?" He asked.

Wuxian giggled, "yes, it's not really special but when the sword was given to me, I had so many names in mind but none of them stuck so I just said Suibian. Then the name engraved onto the sword."

So far, Wangji was okay with Wei Wuxian's presence. He talked a lot but Wangji did not mind. He liked hearing about this boy's life and how he has been doing in Yunmeng. Lan Wangji was not really realizing that he was already falling for him.

"It's only been a couple days, but apparently my sister has been spending almost all of her time with your brother," Wuxian said.

Lan Wangji became intrigued, "do you know why?"

"No, but they seem happy," Wuxian said, "I'd rather her hang with him then with the man that she was going to be engaged to until she convinced her mother otherwise."

"Who was she to wed?" Wangji asked.

"Jin Zixuan," Wuxian replied, "arrogant peacock."

Lan Wangji didn't show it but he was smiling on the inside on Wuxian's comment, "so she is not engaged."

"No, she is free to love who she wants," Wuxian said, "within reason I suppose. I'm sure her parents would still like to approve of the proposal...if it was your brother, I'm sure they'd jump on the chance to say yes. Having an alliance with Gusu would not be so bad I guess."

"Is there something about Gusu that bothers you?" Wangji asked.

"Not really, it's just too many rules for me to handle," Wuxian replied, "I am someone who doesn't do well under conformity."

Lan Wangji frowned.

"But, if I did have to live here...it wouldn't be so bad I guess. It's quite peaceful here," Wuxian said, "if I wanted to play, I'd just step out of the sect."

"Play?" Wangji asked.

"More like let out some pent up energy," Wuxian replied, "it's surprisingly hard to find anyone to spar with as I haven't found anyone to match me well."

Lan Wangji seemed interested, "we can spar later," he told him.

"You want to spar with me?" Wuxian asked.

"Mnn, I heard the adopted son and head disciple of Yunmeng is very skilled. I'd like to see for myself," Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian found himself blushing, "okay, maybe we can set something up."

Lan Wangji actually let a soft smile appear on his face. As he approached the gate, he saw his brother with Yanli and Jiang Cheng.

"Wangji, glad you can join us," Xichen said happily, "what has you so happy."

"I am sorry but I never got your name," Wangji said to Wuxian.

"Oh, My name is Wei Ying, Wei Wuxian."

"Wei Ying agreed to spar with me sometime," Wangji said.

Wuxian blinked. No one really knew ever calls him by his birth name, "if you call me Wei Ying, do I have permission to call you by your birth name?"

"Lan Zhan," Wangji told him.

Wei Wuxian smiled, "Lan Zhan...nice name."

Lan Xichen and Yanli exchanged a look as if they had just succeeded the first step of getting those two together.