3

~*Yanli's POV*~

I remember when I first met A'Xian. He was this cute little frightened boy who has suffered from living on the streets alone. Losing his parents, and having to run away from wild hounds when he found any source of food. The poor boy was so quiet, but he had this little light twinkling in his eyes. He had a little smile on his face, showing how happy he was to finally have a safe place to live, and to have siblings, kids his age to play with.

Back then, my mother was so angry at father for bringing him into our sect, but because I was now cultivating and I was helping my mother and father this time, she was actually tolerating him this time. I basically begged her to give A'Xian a chance.

Also, because A'Xian had such a fear over dogs, I told him, "what if I help you overcome this fear of dogs? Why not try to find a way to make friends with them, never have to fear them again?"

He was of course afraid, but because A'Cheng's dogs are so kind and friendly, it was easy to get him to accept to try. I asked A'Cheng to just start with one, and it was the oldest one and most well trained dog, Jasmine. She was a five year old Labrador Retriever.

 She was a five year old Labrador Retriever

(Jasmine)

I held onto Jasmine and had her sit down beside me. A'Xian took his time to approach her. It took a lot of time but A'Xian eventually managed to sit beside Jasmine and pet her. A'Cheng even decided, since he had three dogs, to give Jasmine to A'Xian. That way he could continue to try and ease his fear of dogs. He soon became very calm around Jasmine and took to her very quickly. Though, she seemed to be the only dog that he could trust so far. I thought it was at least a good amount of progress.

Of course, since both of the boys did such a good job, I rewarded them with my Lotus Root and Pork Ribs soup. It was the first time A'Xian had eaten it in this life. So far, what I wanted to achieve was successful, but there was still a lot of work to go. A'Xian lost everything in his last life, and I want to make sure that doesn't happen this time. I also want to make sure that I live through this all this time.

Later in the evening, I spent some time alone in my room so I could write down a timeline of events that happened and make sure that I have the important information. There was actually a few people that I wanted to talk with in the future. They were Wen Qing and her brother Wen Ning, and then Lan Xichen. Why?

Wen Qing was someone who was like another sister figure to A'Xian. I remember when A'Xian told me back then that Wen Qing and Wen Ning were very kind, and they took care of him, welcomed him into their family. I was happy to hear that too. Wen Ning was special, something happened that caused him to become a conscious fierce corpse, and be beside A'Xian no matter what. With those two, I wanted to see if they have any memories, or if they were willing to sit down and talk with me.

As for Lan Xichen, he was Lan Wangji's older brother. I felt if he knew of what I knew, of what I saw his brother, Lan Wangji do, and stand up for A'Xian, he might help me. I have to admit, I think there is something between Lan Wangji and A'Xian. Back then, I have never seen A'Xian try so hard to gain someone's attention. Seeing Lan Wangji try to save A'Xian in the end of it all made me realize one thing, even just seeing the desperation in Lan Wangji's face, he loved A'Xian. He just didn't want to admit it. I do not think A'Xian would either. Maybe they did not know what they were feeling or they feared of what others would say.

I know A'Xian quite well. I remember him sometimes coming to me saying he felt like he was just a burden to people. He felt he was to much and he shouldn't have anything to do with the sect. The amount of times I had to tell him just how amazing and special he was, was quite high. I'd have to tell him maybe two to three times a week that he was worth the world and more.

I think if I could get him and Lan Wangji together this time, he would have someone else to love and care for him. Lan Wangji was a very prominent figure. His uncle and all of the rules of the Gusu Lan sect were probably the only issues of concern. That was why if I sat down and spoke with Lan Xichen, he may have some ideas on what we could do.

To be honest, I just do not want to see my Shidi in so much pain and feel like he was alone. He was never alone to begin with but the way he was treated and the amount of times he got shoved to the side all the time, how could he come to me or A'Cheng. I want him to know he can come to me anytime he needed me. I do not care how many times I had to tell him. I also wanted to make sure he keeps being able to use his sword. I just wish I knew why he gave it up back then.

////////////////

So will Yanli ever know why Wei Wuxian never used his sword again?

Will she learn what actually happened?

What would happened if she spoke with Wen Qing, Wen Ning, and Lan Xichen.

The last chapter I also posted about who Yanli should pair with, it is actually a tie so let's vote again shall we. I have some ideas flowing but I like knowing what you guys think:

Who should Yanli be paired with? Each had six votes each, so who should it be:

1. Nie Mingjue
2. Wen Qing
3. Lan Xichen