13

It is now around that time when A'Xian, A'Cheng, and I head out to spend the next six months in Cloud Recesses. Last time, we all took a boat to travel, but now that I am cultivating properly, we flew on our swords. It was so fun. I didn't want to believe that back then, I spent more time being, basically a den mother then a cultivator like my mother. Though her temper has changed this time around, I wanted her confidence that she carried. When she entered a room, you could just tell, she had a everyone's attention and respect...hence the name, Violet Spider.

Her stare was like an arrow piercing into your skin. Like she could just gaze upon you and you could feel the ice. She had a soft spot for her family, especially A'Cheng back then. She would berate both him and A'Xian, hoping it would encourage A'Cheng to train harder and A'Xian to do less but still be a protector for him.

This time, she actually came to adore A'Xian. She would sit down with him and just talk. She got to know him more, and got to understand what he really went through when he lived on the streets. Because of my mother, and of who she is now, I wanted that confidence, that perseverance to stand up for her family and not back down. I was actually accomplishing that goal.

As we flew, I was just keeping watch of A'Xian. He seemed happy, very, very happy. He knows nothing of his past life and in a way, I want to keep it that way. I feel like if he knew, he would just break down. I do not want that.

A few years back, I received a letter from Gusu. It was from Lan Xichen. We have been privately talking, and he asked me if I knew anything about a past life. I questioned him and answered and he quickly questioned me and I answered him too. Turns out, he knows everything about what happened to A'Xian and because he knows that I know of the past but not exactly everything, he wants to sit down with me when I arrive for the class sessions in Gusu. I agreed and we would speak in depth of what we know.

He didn't necessarily want to get involved in any more personal matters but he did ask me about Jin Zixuan. I told him that I spoke with my parents. We agreed that I did not have to go through with the engagement if I do not want to. I told them, we could try to meet up at Gusu but I don't think it would be guaranteed. As much as I loved him back then and had a son, I do not know if I still feel the same. Especially since I have been talking to Lan Xichen, I have grown fond to getting letters from him. I'd get all excited when I get one, and hear from him.

Occasionally he would send me a Gusu Cloud, which is similar to the Jin Sect's messenger butterflies. The clouds were actually a lot better, I could here his voice speaking to me. I would send him back a purple lotus flower which is Yunmeng's way of sending messages. I wasn't sure if he felt the same way, and I understand if he did not. I was just happy that he agreed to help me with Wangji and Wuxian's issues and getting them together.

Eventually, A'Cheng, A'Xian and I had arrived to Caiyi town. We decided since we still had time before curfew but Cloud Recesses, we would just head straight there. That way, we wouldn't lose the invitation this time. I had it with me this time, not with Jiang Cheng.

"Why would a sect have so many rules?" A'Xian asked as we walked up the stairs to the gate entrance of Cloud Recesses.

"The Lan Sect is known for its righteousness and good education. They strive on bettering the young cultivators," I answered, "they may be strict with rules but they mean well."

"I know, it just seems weird," A'Xian said.

"Just try to respect them," I said.

"Okay," he said.

After showing our invitation to those at the front gate, the three of us walked inside. We then went to our designated rooms. I was in a room next door to A'Xian and A'Cheng. After the boys were settled, I went to go say hello to Sect Leader Lan as she said she would. Taking my sword with me, and my whip comfortably wrapped around my wrist, I went to the main hall first. I didn't know exactly where to find Sect Leader Lan so I had to start somewhere.

At the main hall, I met with Grandmaster Lan Qiren, "hello, Grandmaster Lan," I greeted as I cupped my hands in front of me and bowed, "I was actually looking for Sect Leader Lan. He wanted to speak with me."

"It is a pleasure to meet you young maiden Jiang, if he is not here in the main area, he may be either in his home, the Hanshi, or with his brother," He told me.

"Oh, okay, I appreciate you letting me know," I said and left him.

I then walked around a bit until I was near the library where I saw Second Master Lan Wangji, sitting at a desk and reading a book. I smiled as I decided to say hello to him.

"Excuse me?" I said calmly.

Second master Lan looked up at me. Some may say they are a bit frightened of his icy stare but I am not. Second Master Lan was not as scary as many may think. He is just misunderstood. He looked at me with calm eyes and nodded his head.

"I apologize to interrupt your reading, but I was actually looking for your brother, but I saw you and decided to come and say hello, I am Jiang Yanli, from the Jiang Sect," I greeted.

"Pleasure to meet you," he said bowing his head to me and then spoke again, "Brother is at his place. I can escort you if you need it."

"You do not have to do that. I do not want to disturb your reading further," I told him.

Second Master Lan stood up and put his book away before returning to me, "no need to worry. Follow me," he said.

'I wish I knew how he and A'Xian met back then. He is so nice,' I thought.

"Thank you," I said and followed him, "you know, I feel like my Didi would like you."

"Jiang Gongzi?" He asked me.

"No him...well maybe, but I meant my adopted Didi, Wei Wuxian. He is quite friendly and likes meeting people," I explained.

"Mnn, I will think about it," he said.

That was all I could get for now. I didn't want to push as I do not know what he knows. Sect Leader Lan told me in a letter that he opened up to his brother and uncle about some things but I do not know exactly what he talked about. He told me in the letter that he would tell me in person when I arrive at Cloud Recesses for the lectures.