Prologue pt. 1

General POV

In the Philippines a little Frigate was getting ready for deployment in Naval Operating Base Subic. World War 3 had just started after China finally attempted to invade Taiwan. The Frigate's crew were fresh and international and among them....was Andy Yan.....or me, I had been drafter a month prior but was new to this exact ship, only being assigned 2 weeks ago.

The ship's old CO had retired so an American CO was to stand in until a permanent one could be sourced which would take about 3 trips. My cabin was all sorted and my stuff was just the bare minimum, I was wearing dress whites as we had yet to depart, I then heard a knock on my door.

Me: "Come in." I said.

The door opened to the Ship's XO who is a friend of mine.

Laurien: "Morning Andy, just wanted to check on ya." she said in Filipino

Me: "I'm fine Laurien." I said, slightly struggling with my words.

Laurien smiled and nodded before continuing.

Laurien: "Our American CO is coming in a few mikes, get your ass to the bridge." she said now in English.

Me: "I'm coming." I said, putting up a printed out photo of me and my family on my desk before walking out.

I made it to the bridge and took up my station behind the wheel as the American CO walked into the bridge.

Me: "Attention on deck!" I yelled.

The entire bridge straightened up as a familiar face walked in.

Alex aka dieHero: "Thanks kid, at ease." he said, as everyone relaxed a little, "I am your CO, Alex Orr, now I may be your captain but I will treat you all like friends and family. Any questions?"

Me: "Um, sir?" I said.

Alex: "Yes?" he said, "Name and position sailor."

Me: "Francis Andre B Yan, Quartermaster; you just remind me of someone I know." I said.

Alex looked puzzled at this and started racking his memory before looking up at me again.

Alex: "Yeah...strangely I think I've heard your name before...." he said, unsure.

The bridge fell silent, thinking the 2 of us were rivals or something...until Alex snaped his fingers and pointed at me.

Alex: "kuwebby2?" he asked.

Me: "Holy crap, dieHero?!" I yelled.

We both then gave each other a bro-hug while laughing like old friends.

Me: "What the heck are you doing here?" I asked.

Alex: "What am I doing here? What're you? Aren't you like 15?" he asked.

But before anything else could be said Laurien fake coughed to get our attention back.

Laurien: "Well this is great and all but we have to get going soon." she said.

Me: "Right, let's catch up on the way to Pearl." I offered.

Alex: "Sure." he said.

We fistbumped before I got back to my station and Alex went into CO mode. He made his way to an internal communications phone and picked it up before hailing the person on the other end

Alex: "Pre-departure checklist?" he asked

Chief Engineer: "Engine room is reporting green light for departure." she said.