Chapter 6: Back at base

General POV

The Ironblood ships finally returned to their base which was now looking much better, ships were now seaworthy and some were ready for battle again. Ironblood was now informed of 4217 and were on extra high alert when anyone was out on patrol.

It'd been a month since the 4217 incident, nothing much was happening, Luna was out on a supply run to grab more steel to patch up a few U-Boats. He was on his way back when a yellow beam hit the ground next to the rails.

Andy: "Holy-!!!" he exclaimed.

Purifier: "Hey there!~" she said as she flew up alongside the train, "Looks like you're enjoying yourself, mind if I joined?"

Andy: "Oh god...." he groaned.

Luna gunned his E2 and made a run for the base's outer limits which was marked by a Signal Box, Purifier picked up on this and laughed maniacally.

Purifier: "You wanna have a chase eh?" she yelled, "Well it's only fun if there's also music!"

Purifier launches a drone equipped with speakers before it played a recognizable tune to Luna.

(0:41)

Andy: "How the-?" he started.

Purifier: "Much better!" she said, cutting him off, "Now, I'll give you a little headstart......now!"

Purifier stopped in mid-air and hovered for a bit when the train passed a signal.

As soon as she did this Luna rushed to the controls and did everything he could to squeeze every ounce of steam out of the boiler and into the cylinders. The E2 responded with a will and rushed forward, its train rattling behind it.

Not long after that, another laser hit the ground beside the engine signaling Purifier's return, Luna groaned and poked his head out the left of his engine's cab and sure enough saw the ever maniacal Purifier behind him.

Andy: "C'mon ol' girl." he said to his engine as he got back in, "You can do it..."

Purifier: "You do know your engine isn't alive, right?!" she yelled at him.

As if offended by this accusation, sparks flew from the E2's funnel and burned the Siren.

Purifier: "Yeowch!" she exclaimed, "Oh now you're gonna get it kiddo!"

She fired another salvo at my train so on instinct Luna reacted, remembering that main antagonist from "World Heroes Mission" who has that reflection quirk and reflected the beams of danger away from his engine and the track. One of the beams that hit him was then reflected back to Purifier.

Purifier: "A feisty little one are ye?" she said, "Well I always love to play with those toys!"

Andy: "Well someone's not right in the head." he said, before looking around confused, "Who the hell am I talking to?"

He shook his confusion off as he continued to focus on the Siren chasing him and his train through the countryside. He looked out the side and switched to another more offensive Quirk. He made a circle with one hand and put it over the open, sweaty palm of another.