Chapter 26: Teaching Zumwalt Sense

General POV

The Wall and its inhabitants had been adjusting around the new shipgirls rather well, the next batch of new girls was scheduled to arrive in a a few weeks from then so the Wall was currently trying to get used to Arleigh and Zumwalt.

Of course one was easier said than done. Arleigh had a deep respect for her elders and was willing to go out of her way to assist the others in their jobs. Zumwalt on the other hand had some kind of Napoleon complex and would group herself with the Battleships...who also despised her. One day Zumwalt was confidently striding through the base confidently, she had been assigned to blockade duty with Andy and Alex.

The Destroyer thought she would be able to at the very least prove herself superior to Andy or maybe Montana by fighting something and sinking it in one shot without suffering any hits herself. What she didn't want the others to find out was that she was currently lost.

Zumwalt: "Grr......I should've taken that stupid old hag's advice and gotten a map." she grumbled.

Benson: "Hey, you need help?" she asked, seeing the much larger destroyer.

Zumwalt: "Not from you." she snarled, scaring the little destroyer away, "I can find the damn docks on my own..."

Finally she found herself at the docks, a few hours late, Andy's engines were already roaring and his ship was ready to depart, same with Alex, Zumwalt's was in the process of being armed when she arrived.

Andy: "Ah, Zumwalt, there you are." he said.

Alex: "You're a little late." he mocked.

Zumwalt: "Shut up you old assholes," she said, "I'll make up for it on the damn field."

Andy: "Tch, that's if you don't shoot me first." he muttered.

Alex: "Son, what did I say about infighting?" he asked.

Andy: "Not to encourage it, I know." he said, "But if she's sinking she brought it on herself!"

Alex: "Still, it's not worth it." he scolded.

Cheyenne: "Sweetie, listen to your dad." she added.

Andy: "Wow, you guys are really settling into your roles as parents huh." he said, a comical sweat drop falling from his head.

Alex: "Meh, it grew on me." he said, his voice then whispered in Andy's head, 'Please, let's get outta here, she's pissed about Olympic being my wife by technicality!'

Andy chuckled at this but decided to help his dad out.

Andy: "Clear the ramp!" he called, "We're departing now!"

Alex nodded a thanks as the futuristic battleship and the hybrid battlecruiser slowly pulled away from the dock with Cheyenne stepping off.

Zumwalt: "Grr....I'll show 'em! I'll show 'em!" she repeated, shooing the manjuu away while her magazine was only halfway full this'll bite her in the ass later.

Zumwalt started her engines in a hurry and followed the father and son duo up and out via the elevators which were thankfully not broken today. The 3 ships sailed in formation and avoided rough seas and typhoons, passing by freighters and siren fleets before finally encountering the ships they were sent to relieve for a few months.