CHAPTER 34

Anna's POV

I am angry with my mom. After Aidan Alvarez left, I was greatly troubled about everything he said to me and I blamed my mother for it. I still don't understand why she will stoop so low to go beg him. If she hadn't begged him to accept the baby and me, he wouldn't be asking me to marry him in the lamest way ever.

Is that even a proposal? He was making it look like he is doing me a favor by getting married to him. I hate his guts.

I waited for my mother patiently, till I fell asleep. When I am awake, it is already dark and I am still on the sofa in my school dress. I get up and place my right hand over my head. The headache has reduced a bit.

I remember all that happened earlier with Aidan and all the rubbish he was spurting out to me, I begin to feel annoyed again. I still can't believe my mother went to meet him. 

Is she the one that brought up the idea of marriage to him or he is the one who wants to be married? Why the hell is he even talking about marriage now when we haven't even talked about the child we are expecting. I never imagined our first meeting after the day we had sex was going to turn out this way.

I hiss and stand up to go to my room. I need to call my mother. I can't take this anymore. 

Is this why she asked me not to abort the baby? For her selfish reasons? Why is mother acting this way? Why is she inconsiderate of my feelings? Why is she doing this to me? I feel like crying right now.

When I am in my room, I sit on the bed and begin to cry all of a sudden. I cry for a while, wishing all of this didn't happen to me and I don't have to be in this position where the man I am expecting a child for will refer to me as a slut and insult me for no reason.

Is this my fault? What have I done to deserve it? 

My phone rings and I remember I am supposed to call my mother. I want to ask her why she did that but I feel talking to her about it over the phone sounds wrong. 

Pamela's name flashes across the screen and I pick it up with a shaky hand, wiping my tears stained face. I really don't know why I cry easily these days. I just cry at every slightest thing. Even the day I fell sick, I cried.

"Hey, baby", Pamela's voice booms into the phone, almost dissolving my anger. I wish I am like Pamela, she is carefree.

"Hi", my crack voice replies.

"Hey, what's the matter with you?" She asks me.

I know Pamela will figure out something is wrong with me from my voice. She is just the best thing that has ever happened to me. I don't know how to tell her what is wrong so I burst into tears again.

****

Aidan's POV

I got a call from Madaline after leaving Evelyn's apartment. I had to go back to the office for the meeting since she said she was going out of New York before nightfall. 

We finished around 4 pm and I did a little work before closing the office up. I am in a haste to go to Richard's place, I know I will no longer meet him if it gets late.

I haven't called to tell him I am going to the party, I have no idea why I am suddenly excited at the thought of having sex with someone, but definitely not Tessa. I lock up and drive straight home. 

After taking a bath, I wore a white long sleeve t-shirt and jeans trousers. I ate the hamburger in my microwave before going out to my car.

As I drive to Richard's place, I keep thinking about Anna and the place she is staying with her mother. The place is unhealthy for her and even the baby. I haven't told Richard about all that is happening and I know he will be so surprised to know that I am expecting a child from the same girl he always bless for bringing back my urge.

Richard liked her without knowing her when I told him about the night and the sex we had in the washroom. I went to the party with Richard and he couldn't believe it. 

He keep making jest of me and after a week when I told him I wanted a girl to have sex with, he told me Anna was responsible for bringing back my urge. I didn't believe it at first until I begin to crave sex more than usual.

Before that night with Anna, I barely have sex. Ever since Paige left, I found no need to have sex with any other woman I wasn't attracted to. Her departure from New York was just as if she went with my high sexual drive. When Paige and I were together, we can barely go a day without having sex. She was good in bed and I loved her.

Even though I really don't want to marry Anna because I don't like her and I don't want a wife, I feel I need to take her away from that fucking dirty apartment. I can't let her stay there for long since she is carrying my child and I will never allow my son or daughter to live and grow up in that neighborhood.

I just hope Evelyn will talk sense into her so she won't make things too difficult for me and I will go present her to my mother before mother begins to pester me again. I already promised to bring her Anna next week and I know she is patiently waiting. 

Next week is just a few days away and by Monday, my mother will begin to blow my phone up with calls. I want us to go to the hospital first before anything. 

But I don't know why she is playing hard to get. I am really surprised that she is not aware that her mother came to my office and made me an offer. 

I thought they both knew about this. But I saw the flash of disappointment on Anna's face when I told her. 

I know no girl won't want to be the bride of a billionaire and I just need to give Anna a few days for her to succumb to my wish, just like I had succumbed to her mother's.

 ****

Anna has been given an offer. Do you think she will take it?

The tables have been turned around now. Evelyn isn't the one persuading him to marry her daughter, Aidan is becoming desperate too.

Air your views and don't forget to Vote.