CHAPTER 71

Aidan's POV

It's been so long since I came to a bar. Richard rarely comes out these days as he used to in the past. I really have no idea if what I discussed with Pamela on my birthday is what is making Richard serious now or if it is because Richard has decided to become a responsible man.

I sit silently, sipping my drink and thinking about the information I got from Tessa. I wish I didn't see the picture, it keeps flashing in my mind, even when I close my eyes. I don't want to be angry but I can't help it. 

I was distracted and I had to leave work so I could calm my nerves. I wish Richard is here with me. I tried his number but It wasn't connecting.

It's been so long since I last felt this disturbed. This disturbance is stopping me from working and I don't want it.

I wonder who the guy is and where they know each other from. Is he her ex-boyfriend? Are they back together? Does he know about me and her baby? 

I can't find answers to the questions. I sigh and take a gulp from my drink.

I don't want to show Anna how displeased I am, which is why I am trying to calm myself down before going home. I have nowhere to go now but home. I finish up the bottle in front of me and beckon to the barman to bring me more.

"Two more, please", I say to him and lean forward with my hand on my forehead.

"Ok, sir", he smiles and places two bottles in front of me almost immediately. He opens it for me and I take it before pouring it into the glass cup in front of me.

"Drinking alone?" A voice mutters behind me. I almost spill the drink I am pouring while turning back to see who it is. I really need a companion.

She looks familiar but I have no idea where I know her from. She stands confidently in her short skirt with a ruffled top. Her blonde hair is in a ponytail and her legs are crossed. I face my drink and I hear her move closer.

"Why are you drinking alone?" She touches my shoulder when she is within my reach.

"Who are you?" I blink, staring at her. I don't want to sound harsh but I can't help it.

"You don't know me?" She peers at me with a raised brow.

"No", I say and take another gulp. I don't feel bad for telling her the truth that I can't remember who she is.

"Well, we had a one-night stand a few months back", she smirk.

I thought as much. I know she must be one of my one-night stands. I always recognize the people I have business with. They are important people and I feel remembering business partners and clients is one of the ethical principles in business.

She sits when I don't say anything else. 

She takes the glass cup from me and sips it. "How have you been?" She drops the glass cup.