CHAPTER 98

Aidan's POV

"Shit!" I hit the car bonnet in frustration. 

This is a dead-end. I can't believe my baby won't be found. We traced the car as Tristan suggested but we found it in a bushy area with no one inside. The tracking device is still on the van which shows that they didn't take note of it. They must have decided to change their vehicle on instinct.

"Shit!" I curse again. I feel like crying right now. I can't imagine life without Lily. I won't forgive myself if anything happens to her. 

These two innocent people that were kidnapped are suffering for my mistakes. I believe this is my mistake. If I had done the right thing for Lisa by reporting Damien to the authorities, maybe he wouldn't have the guts to be doing this and seeing me as his enemy.

"Aidan?" Tristan holds me, as I hit the car again, more aggressively. I didn't know when tears begin to spill down my face until I begin to feel the wetness.

"Let me be", I struggle out of his hold.

"Let's go, I have a feeling......", he trails off and looks towards the van. I stop and watch him. He let me go and saunters to the van. He opens it and looks inside, I watch him wondering what he is doing. We checked the van together and there was no soul in there.

What is he checking? What was he talking about?

He enters the van and I am about to go join him when he jumps out. "Let's go." He walks past me.

I furrow my brows in confusion. "What is happening?"

"Come in, I will tell you on her way back", he enters the car and ignites the car into action, waiting for me to hop in.

I feel sad. I feel leaving this deserted and bushy area is like giving up on looking for my baby.

"Aidan, let's go", he shouted with urgency and I find myself running to the car. I enter and he zooms off.

"What is happening, Tristan?"

"I want us to meet up with the police", he only says and I raise a brow. I don't understand a thing about what he is saying.

Aren't they supposed to come here? Why is he saying we should go meet them?

"I have a feeling someone will come back for the van, so I drop a little camera inside to get someone who can take us to where they are. It is obvious they aren't here but we should at least get an informant who will lead us to where this leader is hiding with the baby and her nanny and also who the leader is." He explains.

"Oh!"

"I want us to meet up with the police so we can lay low and monitor the movement of anyone who comes here", he adds.

"Why aren't the police here, yet?"

"I asked them to go elsewhere since we have more than one suspect", he responds.

"Elsewhere? Where?"

"To Damien's apartment to search if they are there. They are on their way here. Frederick sent me a message already, no one is there."

I sigh. Where do we go now? Where is Lily? Who is with Lily?

I hear the screeching sound of a car and I look forward. The police car comes to a stop and they all come out. Tristan stops the car too and we get out. We didn't bother to exchange pleasantries before we begin to talk about the next step. Tristan updates them on what is happening and how deserted the place is and I look around absentmindedly.

"Damien is dead", someone among them says and I gaze at him in confusion. 

Damien is dead?

"Damien?" I ask him.

"He was shot in the heart and found dead in his father's home. His father was also shot but it seems the old man survived it", he explains.

I can't believe it. How? Where? Who killed him? Does that mean Damien doesn't have my child?

"Does that mean Damien doesn't have them?" Tristan asks the guy as if knowing what I am about to ask too.

He shrugs indifferently. "We can't be so sure but....."

The wristwatch on Tristan's hand begins to beep repeatedly. 

His eyes widen and he shouts. "They are back."

"Who?"

"The van", he mutters and I understand immediately. The signal is to notify us of the presence of the guys back in the van. 

Without waiting any further, I gallop to the car with a pounding heart. I am scared they are going to go off again and we will never be able to trace my child. I didn't even bother to wait for Tristan before kicking the car to a start and zooming off towards the direction we came.

****
Tessa's POV

"Where the hell have you been?" my father burst into my room, startling me. I am sitting on the stool writing something down in my diary. I quickly close it and stand to face him.

"I've been indoors", I tell him.

"You've been indoors? I came here this morning but you were nowhere to be found." I am silent. I don't know what other excuse to give. It is apparent he won't believe me, I have been caught red-handed.

He strolls close to me and slaps my face. 
"You shameless girl!" my mother burst in immediately with a gasp. She must have been outside, scared of coming in to intervene but my father's slap prompted her to come in.

My cheeks hurt and I close my eyes to shut the pain.

"Who is responsible for the bastard you are carrying?" he thunders. 

My head is bent and I can't even look up at him in the face to see the disappointment. I have never felt this much regret before, no matter how bad my actions are but I regret this one. I regret wanting to become pregnant for Aidan, I regret getting rid of my pills in my effort to get Aidan hooked to me, this is why I am in this mess now. I feel Aidan is responsible for my predicament and that made me go ahead with my plan.

"Can't you talk?" he shouts and raise his hand to hit me again but mother comes in between us, sobbing and begging him to let me be.

"Get out of my way, woman", he barks at mother.

"Please, Julian. She is my only child now......."

"So what? Are you encouraging her? I have always known this will be the end of your waywardness, stupid girl!'

"Please, Julian let her be", my mother pleads again.

I peek at father and see him glare at mother before pushing her away. "Who is responsible?" he asks again.

I know he won't let me be if I don't give him a response. I don't know who is the father of my child and this is what I intend to tell him.

"Tessa?"

"I don't know who is responsible for my pregnancy", I confess and his eyes bulge out in shock.

"What the hell!" he exclaims and grabs me. Before he can hit me again, mother pushes him away and asks me to run. I see no reason why I should but when I see my father rise with anger in his eyes, I know the essence of my mother's warning.

Father is capable of hurting me because of how disappointment and bruised he is. He cares more about his image and he knows what this will do when it gets to the media.

He has been doing all his best to make sure any actions of mine won't affect his business and the future of the company but this is the height of it. I think it is high time I left home and go stay with Freya.

I dodge him and run out of my room. I race all the way to the front door with my heart pounding wildly in my chest. I am also thinking of my hostage and what I will do with them. As I get to the door, it bursts open and Aidan comes in. He is followed by the cops, and they all rush in.

Before I can say anything, they grab me. "You are arrested."

****

Woah! So Tessa is responsible for the kidnap of Lily.