CHAPTER 45

Tessa's POV

I had sneaked out when I woke up to see Damien sleeping beside me. I was lucky to get a cab right outside his home which dropped me off in Zoe's apartment. 

I had to go out without letting Damien know because of how strange he was acting and the strange words coming out of him lastnight. I am not the type of girl to be serious when it comes to relationships but ever since I saw Aidan, I knew I wanted him and I was willing to let go of my wayward lifestyle.

Now that Damien is in the picture, I have no idea what and how I am feeling about it. But one thing is for sure. I enjoyed the night with him.

My $1000 dress was worth the night with him. I enjoyed myself and right now, I am exhausted. I need to take a hot bath and go back to bed.

I march to the door of Zoe's home and knock gently, hoping she is home. I want to rest for a while in her place before finding a hotel close by to stay in before I get my father's call of apology. I wonder why he hasn't called yet.

I knock again but there is no response. I sigh in frustration. I am in desperate need of a hot bath and a change of clothing. The clothes we shopped for yesterday are all in her apartment and I don't know what to do now that she isn't in. I am sure she got a good f*** just like mine and she is still sleeping in a man's house.

I dial her number and put the phone to my ears. I want to confirm if she is close by so I can get the clothes out but she isn't picking. I curse between intervals as I keep calling her number, praying silently for her to pick the goddamn call.

It is too early to order another pair of clothes so I turn back abruptly and take to the streets again, wishing to get a cab on time. 

Moments later, a cab stops by and I get in after telling the cabman to drop me off at the nearest hotel where I can have a good sleep. Since I don't have any clothing, I will just request for a robe from the personnel and go to sleep in them. When I am awake, I will shop for a new dress online.

Just then, my phone rings. I am thinking it is dad but the name that flashes across my screen raises my curiosity. I wonder why Trevor is calling me again.

"Hi", I pick up the call.

"How are you, Tessa?" He ask me.

"I'm doing great, Trevor. You?"

"I'm good." He answers. I can't even decode any emotions from his voice.

"Is everything alright?" I question, out of curiosity.

"Yeah, I just need to see you", he replies. It was yesterday Trevor and I met and he is calling already. Why does he want to see me?

"See me?"

"Uhmm, yeah", he clears his throat. I can sense his discomfort in saying his mind and a part of me jumps up in the excitement that Trevor wants me again.