CHAPTER 38

Aidan's POV

Richard won't let me be after bumping into the lady at the entrance. I ignore him and walk into the clubhouse, typing furiously on my phone. I just saw Chloe's message about the appearance of Roland after I left the office.

Roland is among the people I have an appointment with today but he didn't show up at the appropriate time. After I met with Madeline, I left the office immediately. 

Chloe's message must have entered when I was in the bathroom taking a shower but I didn't check my phone till now.

I am mad at her for not calling me, I would have canceled the party and gone back to the office. It is late already and I can't go back to the office because I know Roland must have gone. He is one hell of a client. 

He is a stubborn person and I know he can cancel the deal with just this mistake of mine.

This deal means a lot to me and I hope he allows Chloe to fix another appointment for him tomorrow. I am messaging her to tell her to make sure she fixes another appointment with him tomorrow or she will lose her job.

"She is fucking beautiful. Did you see how she was looking at me? She looks beautiful when angry", he keeps talking nonstop.

I get angry and shout at him. "Shut the hell up!"

He is shocked but keeps quiet anyway. We get to a seat and I flop heavily into it. I feel like calling Chloe but I know it is late already. I hope she gets my message and does something about it before tomorrow.

I hear nothing from Richard and I turn to look at him. He is sitting beside me in silence with his thumb close to his mouth. I suddenly feel guilty for shouting at him. I just didn't like the way he was exaggerating about the girl even though I didn't see the girl.

"I'm sorry, man", I apologize gently.

He nods. "Come on, man. I was just angry because I missed an appointment with one of my clients as a result of my clumsy secretary's fault. It was just a transfer of aggression."

"It's fine. Do you want a drink?" He is no longer frowning his face and I am glad he is not mad at me anymore. Richard has a forgiving heart.

"Yeah, sure." I smile.

He stands up and goes to the bartender to get us a drink. I just wish I can forget my worries for tonight, get drunk and have sex. 

I really need a vacation soon, I mutter more to myself as Richard moves over to me with the bottle of wine.

"So you were saying something about your bride-to-be?" He reminds me and drops the open bottle of alcohol when he is in front of me. 

He pours some for me in a glass cup and did the same for himself. His question reminds me of Anna and the problem I am faced with now, the problem of convincing her to follow me to my mother and to the hospital as well as getting married.