CHAPTER 88

Anna's POV

I can't believe Pamela ditched me. I was about to storm out of the restaurant in anger when Aidan blocks my way. I was tempted to humiliate him as he did to me a few days ago. I was thinking of calling him a manwhore before leaving but I thought otherwise.

He has a lot to lose if I embarrass him in public. He is already embarrassed and I realize something; Aidan and I have never been to a place together ever since the marriage, except on the date of my graduation.

That was to avoid suspicious and paparazzi from getting a picture of us together, thereby revealing that we are together.

But today, Aidan isn't bothered about that. I wonder why. 

Is Pamela right?

I am confused.

To avoid any more embarrassment, we sat and ordered dinner. I ate and caught Aidan staring at me. When I raised a brow at him, he apologized and looked away.

I don't understand what is happening and why he is behaving strangely today. This strange behavior is scaring the hell out of me. 

What is Aidan trying to do? What is Pam trying to do? Are they trying to make me think he likes me so that I can stay? What sort of deceit is this? Do they think I am that foolish?

We finish eating and he keeps talking non-stop. I just watch him, trying to figure him out and read his expressions.

"So, I am deeply sorry, Anna", he finishes.

I did not hear the rest of what he was saying and I don't care to hear it. I am just amazed that a whole billionaire like Aidan who is famous will be blabbering around and stammering to find the right words to say, just to have me stay?

"Will you please forgive me?" He demands, making me shift my gaze to him. 

He looks humble right now. He looks different, like a man who has nothing in the world. Like a man whose hope on living is based on my forgiveness. I am flabbergasted.

"Anna?" He touches my hand which is on the table, jolting me and I flinch unconsciously. It feels strange.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Yes", I answer sharply, trying to think straight and make my heavy breathing go unnoticed. That touch sent a shiver down my spine. 

I don't know what is happening. Is it because he touched me? Is it because we have never touched each other aside from the first day we met and whenever we did it for the public to see? Why is this touch different from the others?

"What do you say?" He asks me.

His questions aren't making me think straight. "Let's go home." 

"Home?" He raises his brows in confusion.

I bite my lips. I don't know what he is thinking. I said home, I shouldn't have said home. It sounded like his mansion is our home but it isn't for me, it is just a temporary residence for me and I am going to leave soon.

I don't know if that is why he looks confused or it is because he doesn't understand why I am not giving him a reply but asking him to let us go home.

"Yes, I am no longer comfortable here", I admit.

"Will you give me an answer when we get home?" He stressed on the home.

"Perhaps."

"Will you stay now? You won't leave, right?"

I still think his enthusiasm about me not leaving is solely based on his child. He doesn't want me to go with her. He can choose to fight me with all he has; money and popularity but I have nothing. He can choose not to have anything to do with my daughter and me again, but he wants to have a part in his daughter's life. 

Even if he is doing this for his daughter, is it bad? Why do I want him to care about me too? I feel like a shadow whenever he talks about Lily and how much he cares for her. 

Sometimes I don't feel like her mother but just someone who was given the child to take care of. If my biological father had acted this way, I wouldn't be here, depending on Aidan for everything. If my father had taken me with him, I would have been in the best school, graduate with higher grades and have a good job by now. 

Maybe I wouldn't have gotten pregnant and my paths wouldn't have crossed with Aidan. Maybe all of these won't be happening.

"Let's go", I feel his breath fan my cheeks and I jerk my head up to see his pairs of eyes watching me. He is close to me and I didn't even know when he stood up and came closer.

I nod, gulping nervously. He stands upright, giving me the time to gulp once more and puff out the air I didn't know I was holding in. 

He stretch his hand for me to take and I did. The electric jolt is back and my hand trembles. He didn't comment about it and I wonder if he notice it or he chose to ignore it.

Is he trying to seduce me once again? If this is it, then I am going to show him the stuff I am made of. 

We walk quietly to the door and he drives away from the restaurant with an awkward silence hovering between us till we get home. I am grateful he didn't try to start any conversation. The silence is satisfying to me.

I heave a sigh of relief when the car comes to a stop. I place my hand on the handle to go out when I discover it is locked. I turn to look at him. He has a different kind of expression on his face, he isn't looking angry or sad, nor is he looking happy or satisfied.

I am about to open my mouth to tell him to please open the door when he moves close and pecks my open mouth. I gasp. He moves away and tries to do it one more time when I push him away.

I hit his face. "Open the door!"

He did and I get out, storming my feet on the floor in anger as I walk in. 

This date was a big mistake, all thanks to Pamela.

****

Was it a disaster? Do you think Aidan is making enough effort to make up for all he has done?

Comment your thoughts.