CHAPTER 51

Anna's POV

AFTER THREE WEEKS

I used to think rich people have it all and the poor are the unfortunate ones meant to have one problem or the other that they are to solve every single day of their lives, most of which has to do with their finances. 

My thinking now has changed, ever since the day I visited Aidan's parents and I got to meet his mother and his father. Aidan is a billionaire but he has his unfair share of life challenges. 

Despite his wealth, his mother is crippled and bedridden and I can sense that all is not well in their home. I am quick-witted, it was easy to detect that Aidan is not on good terms with his father and his father is one of the reasons why he wants us to be married.

They say the rich have it all but that is not true. I have lived all my life in a poor home with little or no food but I find happiness in being with the people I love. I feel rich people lack this. I also feel sympathy for Aidan and his mother. 

The woman is sweet and pretty. Even if I don't want to marry Aidan for being a jerk sometimes, I will gladly do this for his mother. I love her and I want her to be happy.

It's been three weeks already and today is the day of the award. Mother woke me up this morning when she was going to work to tell me she will be working out late. After she left, I could no longer go back to sleep.

I called Pamela to see if she would be available to help me pick a dress and help me with my makeover but she said she was going out to an event too with her boyfriend, Richard.

I am sad and at the same time damn nervous about the whole thing. I know I won't be feeling this way if only my mother is around to calm me and tell me everything will be fine.

Aidan and I saw each other just twice after meeting his mother and he is still that cold jerk. I have stopped going to school and I have started attending lectures online. I spend most of the day at home now and I don't like going out because of my small baby bump.

I went shopping for dresses a week before with Chloe, Aidan's secretary, and Pamela. I got five different dresses for today's event, amongst other casual wears but I am indecisive on which to wear among the dresses to the party.

I sigh, feeling lonely. I turn to the other side of the bed to hug my pillow to myself. My eyes are on the wall clock and I realize it is past 9 am already.

"Shit!" I curse and scramble out of bed. Mom left home around 7 am and I can't believe I have spent two hours, thinking without doing anything. I need to get a new hairdo and visit the spa also.

I also want to do my pedicure and manicure before evening. I know Aidan is a disciplined man and I don't want to keep him waiting tonight. The time of the event is 7 pm and he called the day before to tell me he was coming to get me by 6:30 pm.

I have a feeling somethings will unfold today and Aidan might want to introduce me to some people. I have no idea what is going to happen but I want to be prepared.

Also, I want to look beautiful for Aidan. I want to make him proud and confident to introduce me to his colleagues from work and clients. I want to feel alive for once in my life so I have decided to come out of my shell today. I want to be different today.