CHAPTER 60

Damien's POV

Never in my wildest dream have I ever imagined life to be this sorrowful for me and depressing. I feel like a real loser for once in a while. I have always rejoiced in the delight of being a winner in virtually everything I do, but I take rejection and failure the hard way. I beat myself up for whatever failure I get.

Aidan knows this about me. I was always the guy with the grade A in mid-school but the year Aidan took A, I almost stopped being friends with him. I felt betrayed. I felt he took the position from me on purpose. I felt he did it to spite me. My mother said I was just being childish and I accepted after giving it several thoughts.

Ever since the night of the award, I spend most of my days indoors. I am not ready to give up, I won't relent until I see Aidan down. I am drafting new plans to achieve my goals and my confidence is beginning to set in at this rate, I am just hoping it doesn't turn out bad the way the award saga turned out to be despite my confidence.

Was I overconfident in my plans? I question myself, wondering if that was the result of my failure. Aidan didn't go to the party with Tessa and that is enough to make Tessa's father withdraw from helping Aidan.

Was it too late for Mr. Rodrigue to withdraw or did Aidan have an alternative plan?

I still blame my father for what happened and I haven't visited him ever since then. I am still upset with him for making me face such humiliation. If I had known it would turn out this way, I wouldn't have come all the way from California. I am doing all of this for my father but he isn't seeing it.

I am doing it for him because I don't want mother's death to go in vain but it seems father is no longer interested now that Catherina is in the picture. I don't fucking care whether she is his wife or not, I will get vengeance for my mother's death.

"Boss!" Donovan calls me, making me hoist my head sharply. I am sitting on an armchair with my back to the chair and my hands over the edges with my legs apart, staring into space and thinking.

"Yes?" I answer.

"They got married last week, boss", he informs me, standing erect.

I have forgotten I sent him on an errand. I had the news of Aidan's marriage and I am surprised no one knows about it. I am expecting a big glamorous wedding but he did nothing of such and I wonder why. 

Is he hiding something? Is he trying to protect Anna from me?

I smirk at the thought of having Anna, just like I did with Tessa. Tessa came to see me a week ago but I denied her entrance. I am done with her. I liked her but not anymore. 

Besides, I wasn't interested in hearing about how hurt she was and how bad of a person I am for using her. She got what she deserved for being too cheap. 

She called me two days ago with a strange number and I picked up the call out of curiosity because I was hoping Aidan would call me but he didn't. She began to rant on the phone and I was about to disconnect the call when she said something about a camera.